HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Yesterday, 6:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FactaNV View Post
Conversion is to begin when all bus routes are rerouted off Graham in summer 2025.
Only in Winnipeg would we think that a location literally next to a busway is somehow an impediment to dense residential development

Old Posted Yesterday, 6:43 PM
the first stamp is free

Are the buses getting re-routed to the Portage Avenue parking lot? If so, that's kind of a lose lose scenario IMO.

Get the damn buses out of downtown completely. This City really needs some at grade streetcars or similar servicing downtown.

Old Posted Yesterday, 6:57 PM
keep the good times going

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew View Post
Are the buses getting re-routed to the Portage Avenue parking lot? If so, that's kind of a lose lose scenario IMO.

Get the damn buses out of downtown completely. This City really needs some at grade streetcars or similar servicing downtown.
back to this

Old Posted Yesterday, 7:02 PM
the first stamp is free

^ yes - it's perfectly reasonable to admit we made a mistake by taking out the streetcars, swallowing our civic pride and putting a similar system back in. At least within the downtown area.

Old Posted Yesterday, 7:42 PM

Also, those bump outs on Portage went in after they moved the buses to Graham. I assume they will need to be removed.

Old Posted Yesterday, 8:03 PM

Quote:
^ yes - it's perfectly reasonable to admit we made a mistake by taking out the streetcars, swallowing our civic pride and putting a similar system back in. At least within the downtown area.
If only we weren't bas broke as a joke haha. Streetcars from old St B in the East to Polo Park in the West, Osborne Station or Harkness Station in the South and maybe the MB Museum in the North would be slick.

Old Posted Yesterday, 10:27 PM

Quote:

Yes, the plan, effective July 1 next year, is that busses will be on Portage Avenue. However, because there is a lot of consolidation of routes (at higher frequency), the number of distinct routes on Portage Avenue will actually go down, even if the number of actual busses will probably go up.

I think this would be fine if they have real dedicated bus lanes, and the renders in the original Master Plan show busses going down the middle lanes (where the streetcars used to be), but sadly I think in the short term it's just going to be diamond lanes... Anyways, this probably belongs in a different thread.

Old Posted Yesterday, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegster View Post
Yes, the plan, effective July 1 next year, is that busses will be on Portage Avenue. However, because there is a lot of consolidation of routes (at higher frequency), the number of distinct routes on Portage Avenue will actually go down, even if the number of actual busses will probably go up.

I think this would be fine if they have real dedicated bus lanes, and the renders in the original Master Plan show busses going down the middle lanes (where the streetcars used to be), but sadly I think in the short term it's just going to be diamond lanes... Anyways, this probably belongs in a different thread.
What thread? I'd like to look over the renders.

Old Posted Yesterday, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTA in Winnipeg View Post
What thread? I'd like to look over the renders.
I'm sure it's linked in the Winnipeg Transit thread, but this is the long-term Transit Master Plan adopted by council in 2021: https://info.winnipegtransit.com/ass...an-reduced.pdf

It's less renders than "options" for street level bus lanes on page 59, and on page 56, the Blue lines going down Portage are conspicuously drawn in the middle lanes. At any rate, the exact route map, to be implemented next June, has changed a little bit since the TMP was adopted: https://www.winnipeg.ca/media/3779

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan