HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Old Posted May 29, 2024, 4:57 AM

These are excellent photos, thanks!

You mentioned you stayed in the Annex, did you explore nearby UofT?

Also, let me know if you’re looking for some recommendations for your next visit - I’d be happy to help.

Old Posted May 29, 2024, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geomorph View Post
This looks like a nice space for a modern hotel lounge.
Thank you everyone for the kind compliments on the previous page

Geomorph - this is a hotel lobby literally called The Lobby, part of the relatively new Ace Hotel. I believe it also has a rooftop bar and another restaurant. Beautiful architecture, exactly my style, plus the mocha, cookie and chicken salad croissant were excellent and the price was quite cheap to be honest, you’d pay the same or more at a mom and pop coffee bar. The only annoying thing as you can in the picture is all the work from home (lol) folks taking up the best spots sitting all day while nursing their one coffee. In the pic you can see every laptop is an Apple as well. They asked if I would be using a laptop, I said no, and they put me in a table seating type location.

Ok, one more pic of Yonge street:

Yonge Street, May 9, 2024. by JohnnyJayEh, on Flickr

Thanks Shappy - I didn’t really explore the University, more so cut through or around it. For sure I’d like some recommendations. For one I’d like to go somewhere outside the main core, but not a generic high rise strip along one main road, so that rules out a lot of places. Mississauga might be interesting to see some of the newer buildings, but I don’t know if it’s worth the time. One place I think that would be good for a day trip would be Hamilton and depending when I went trying to coordinate with a CFL game would be good.

Also I plan to go to a few theatres, music halls, etc. next time and would like to check out more modern architecture and interiors. I of course went to Brookfield place when I was there. Also more near downtown neighbourhoods that have a busy main strip surrounded by leafy tree streets with historic homes will be on my list.

I’ll be looking for more restaurants/coffee places, like the Ace hotel with architecture that matches the food. I did enjoy Eataly on Bloor.

Old Posted May 31, 2024, 1:14 AM

It's always strange to me when anyone makes mention of a "tourism industry" in Toronto. It's difficult to imagine that such a thing exists.

And no, Mississauga is not worth the time. Maybe in 10-20 years, but not right now.

Old Posted May 31, 2024, 3:24 AM

Nice, love it!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos