HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Transportation & Infrastructure

Old Posted Jul 1, 2024, 9:25 PM

I checked the entire YVR route list, and cannot find any P2P route since every flights are either from these airlines with YVR as a base/focus city/hub:

AC, WS, F8, 8P, 4N, YB, JB, 9M, SG

Or a foreign airline flying to one of its hubs.

The only one that's may count as P2P are the WG flights, but now it's part of WS which treats YVR as its focus city.

Before the pandemic, there's only one that can truly count as P2P, as well as those from WG.
JD YVR-TAO-HGH

Although TAO now is a focus city for JD and HGH is getting there, but when they operated the YVR route, there was barely any feed out of those 2 airports for JD.

YVR was originally a focus city for TS so those routes also doesn't count.

So depending on how you count, I'd say anywhere from 99.5% to 100% based on the hub-spoke model.

Old Posted Jul 1, 2024, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenoflyzone View Post
You're using the wrong words.

YVR is a hub. it's not going to have any point to point routes. It's all hub-spoke, or hub-hub.

Point to point means more spoke-spoke routes. YVR doesn't have any.

I think you meant the percentage of O&D passengers vs connecting passengers. Don't have recent numbers, but I'd guess it's around 80% O&D, 20% connecting.
Thank you for the clarification on that. I appreciate it.

Old Posted Jul 5, 2024, 4:54 AM

Quoting from aeroroutes.

Quote:
From July/August 2024 edition of inflight magazine, Korean carrier's T'Way Air is listing Vancouver on its route map.

Earlier this year multiple sources briefly noted the carrier's plan to serve Vancouver.
https://twitter.com/aeroroutes/statu...23488633200726

Old Posted Jul 5, 2024, 11:34 PM

Well that's outta left field.

Would be nice to have a LCC on the route though, kind of like the Zipair of the TYO-YVR market.

Old Posted Yesterday, 2:20 AM

Seems like it's launching in September. This blog from April mentioned it.

Translation.

Quote:
According to industry sources, T'way Air will be launching a new Incheon- Vancouver route starting in September 2024. T'way Air, which is currently aiming for a weekly flight schedule, has decided to secure a total of 20 large aircraft by 2027 from its current three , and is reportedly planning to enter European routes such as Paris, France in the near future.

According to a Korean travel industry insider in Canada, " With T'way Air's new entry into the Canadian airline market, the number of Canada - Incheon routes is expected to increase significantly starting in the summer of 2024 ," adding, " Korean Air and Air Canada are planning to increase the number of flights on the Toronto - Incheon route from six to seven times a week soon , and some routes will also be replaced with larger aircraft with more seats ."
https://tourmon.tistory.com/entry/%E...95%9C%EB%8B%A4

Old Posted Yesterday, 5:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jollyburger View Post
Seems like it's launching in September. This blog from April mentioned it.

Translation.

https://tourmon.tistory.com/entry/%E...95%9C%EB%8B%A4

I'm no expert when it comes to new route launches but wouldn't September be too soon for a new route launch ?

Old Posted Yesterday, 5:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjakafi_81 View Post
I'm no expert when it comes to new route launches but wouldn't September be too soon for a new route launch ?
Seems like Korean Air is going to lease them some Asiana planes. They also got some European routes from Korean Air as a condition of the merger.

Quote:
However, the decision to launch T'way Air to Vancouver became possible when Korean Air, which is about to merge with Asiana Airlines, is considering leasing Asiana's A350-900 aircraft to T'way Air. Korean Air is planning to lease Asiana's aircraft, which is part of the merger, to T'way Air, a low-cost carrier that has nothing to do with it, for the first time.

Currently, T'way Air has three large aircraft, and two more will be imported this year. If Korean Air supports five A330-200s, it will be able to operate 10 large aircraft. Based on this, T'way Air plans to fly to Zagreb, Croatia in April, Paris, France in June, Rome, Italy in August, Barcelona, Spain, Vancouver, Canada in September, and Frankfurt, Germany in October.

Korean Air's decision is ostensibly aimed at supporting domestic low-cost carriers (LCCs) that are struggling to acquire new aircraft. There is also a plan to help T'way Air, which will take over some of its European routes, to ensure stable service and get the European authorities' final approval of the merger.

Earlier, Korean Air agreed to provide five A330-200 aircraft to T'way Air. This is because the European Competition Authority has included a clause to dissolve the monopoly of four European routes (Frankfurt, Paris, Rome, and Barcelona) as a condition for approving the merger of Korean Air and Asiana.
https://joinsmediacanada.com/bbs/boa...ws&wr_id=37450

Old Posted Yesterday, 7:38 AM

Words is that T'way air plan to open 4x weekly ICN-YVR starting from as early as Oct 2024 (start of the winter season). This was leaked earlier this year, but there were several versions of the news. I was holding the information until at least it received Transport Canada approval so it will go past the "rumor" stage.... But I guess now it's "confirmed" by their inflight magazine.

FCO and BCN was announced last month for Aug/Sept launch. CDG was not opened for reservation yet. Looks like maybe YVR is already slipped to October or later according to the rumored lunch schedule?

I guess this will be replacing the additional frequency KE offered this summer and planned for next summer (which no longer available for reservation)

Last edited by nname; Yesterday at 7:58 AM.

Old Posted Yesterday, 9:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nname View Post
Words is that T'way air plan to open 4x weekly ICN-YVR // editing mine...
FCO and BCN was announced last month for Aug/Sept launch.
CDG was not opened for reservation yet. Looks like maybe YVR is already slipped to October or later according to the rumored lunch schedule?
Is this for YVR? FCO and BCN? Even if only seasonal, this is unreal for YVR. Is there a link with information on this? (which I still don;t believe yet). Thank you for your time and consideration.

Old Posted Yesterday, 9:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trofirhen View Post
Is this for YVR? FCO and BCN? Even if only seasonal, this is unreal for YVR. Is there a link with information on this? (which I still don;t believe yet). Thank you for your time and consideration.
No, it was TW's ICN-BCN/FCO.

Speaking of FCO... Looks like LH just received EU's approval to buy ITA, and it will be allowed to join the JV with AC/UA. So now it's very likely for YVR-FCO launching after the deal close, either by AC or AZ.

Old Posted Today, 5:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nname View Post
No, it was TW's ICN-BCN/FCO.

Speaking of FCO... Looks like LH just received EU's approval to buy ITA, and it will be allowed to join the JV with AC/UA. So now it's very likely for YVR-FCO launching after the deal close, either by AC or AZ.
Really? Vancouver to Rome. That's the coolest news I've heard in a long time - perhaps since this would be a major new European route. / Seasonal or year round?/ And when might it start?

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Transportation & Infrastructure