HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Buildings & Architecture, Urban Design & Heritage Issues

Old Posted Aug 18, 2024, 6:28 PM

https://lfpress.com/news/local-news/...-neighbourhood

One child hit by car-driver in Wortley Village.

No clue why Wortley Village between Craig & Briscoe isn't pedestrianized. Absolutely no clue in the world.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2024, 3:17 PM
The Vomit Bag.

^awful to hear.

Some asshole in a big, jacked, black RAM prickup truck rolled coal on me and my wife as we were driving westward on Sarnia Road on Friday, just after the intersection of Wonderland Road.

He had passed me very aggressively before the intersection, with all the extreme noise you have come to expect from these massive tank-like prickup trucks. The driver is sitting there (you know exactly what he looks like), in the next lane, waiting for the light to change (I glanced a quick look). My lane pulls ahead first, then he roars ahead of me at 90km/hr or more, and as soon as he pulls ahead of me into my lane, he rolls coal.

The rage that hit me was incredibly palpable. I saw myself driving after him, opening up his door, and pounding his face repeatedly. Of course I didn't do this (a younger, single, version of me probably would have, though).

But I swear to God, the next time I see that truck, I am going to get his plate number and call the police.

What the hell is wrong with people that they feel the need to spend thousands to modify their engine in order to spitefully spray people with toxic fumes? This is assault.

Was it because I glanced a look at this turd at the intersection? Was it because my wife is of Asian descent?

https://www.psychologytoday.com/ca/b...f-rolling-coal

Old Posted Aug 19, 2024, 3:51 PM
User Registered

Ya I could see Wortley car-free between Elmwood and Askin, at least to start. Use Ridout or Wharncliffe for through traffic.

---

For those coal rollers, ya those should be (or already is) illegal. Any cop that sees trucks with this stuff should pull them over and impound that vehicle permanently, along with a hefty fine and/or traffic violation.

Do you have a dash cam? If so I recommend getting one just to see the footage here. They're pretty cheap these days and you can even get ones that do front and rear recording with just one camera (wiring one for the back can be a pain).

My Simcity Stuff

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Buildings & Architecture, Urban Design & Heritage Issues