HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Transportation & Infrastructure

Old Posted May 14, 2024, 3:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro-One View Post

Overall it’s a half decent project, the designs of the to be rebuilt interchanges are good (especially 264th and highway 11) and having all the low clearance issues removed is good.
There is no plan to replace the low 192nd(Harvie Rd) Overpass. It is not part of this phase, nor any phase before. But like I said before, I think that is delayed because of Surrey.

Old Posted May 15, 2024, 1:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro-One View Post
Along with a wider than usual shoulder that will double as a bus lane (I believe this is only east of 232nd?)
For reference the #1 rebuild from 200th to the tunnel was a 9/10, the SFPR was a 5/10, and the severely downgraded highway 99 tunnel project is a 3/10.
Maybe rerate the SFPR after they finish the Patullo Bridge Project and realign the roadway under the new Yale Road Overpass and (hopefully) get the speed limit up to a conistent 80km/hr through that stretch.

The newly built Sunbury interchange is decent, but they *had* to leave one light on the 91 Connector road... still, a huge improvement for accessing the AFB than that joke of an unprotected left turn lane from before.

The heaving in the SFPR roadway is a big negative, but I'm not sure how much more money you'd have to throw at that to make a level roadway on a bog.

Old Posted May 15, 2024, 2:01 AM

The Sunbury project was definitely a huge improvement and the Yale Road overpass and direct Pattullo Bridge south to SFPR west connection will also be huge improvements, but they added a light for the new truck pullout instead of making it ramps, and there is still that one odd railway crossing, so overall I will say it has become a 6/10 (7/10 west of the train crossing once the Pattuo elements are completed, but still 5/10 east of the railway crossing.

Old Posted May 24, 2024, 3:35 PM

Quote:
The province says construction will begin this summer on a new 232nd Street interchange as part of the Fraser Valley Highway 1 Corridor Improvement Program.

“A wider, higher Glover Road crossing over Highway 1 will open in the coming days..."
From Citynews https://vancouver.citynews.ca/2024/0...mer-expansion/

Old Posted May 26, 2024, 6:15 AM

Glover Road overpass is opened now.

Old Posted May 26, 2024, 5:55 PM

Glover Rd Bridge May 26-2024

Last edited by madog222; May 26, 2024 at 7:34 PM. Reason: Embed YouTube link

Old Posted May 26, 2024, 7:33 PM

Thanks for the video, the day after opening no less! I’ve edited your post to embed the video.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Transportation & Infrastructure