HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction

Old Posted Yesterday, 9:36 PM

[QUOTE=iguy;10296902]really really hoping this happens, but the nimbys already got this first tower chopped from 1100, and iirc a "traffic study" was going to have to be conducted in order to gauge how the buildout of the second tower would go? The deadly combo of nimbys and aldermanic prerogative is never to be underestimated in this city smh.[/

^was it the nimbys ?...I thought the devloeper just downsized because of market conditions...I mean it was approved to be a 2000ft building so not sure why nimby would suddenly not want an 1100ft tower at this location but who knows how these backroom dealings work with the developers and alderman.

Old Posted Yesterday, 10:32 PM

Wasn’t it downsized due to the removal of the parking podium?

Old Posted Today, 12:38 AM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicubs111 View Post
Is it possible that the second tower they can change and go big on?...Assuming market really heats up...basically could go back to original plan of two towers of 1100ft and 850ft... I know they will have to resubmit the second tower to city buts its something to consider if future market conditions heat up...
I hope something like this and maybe Tribune East Tower or a new cool proposal at Parcel I have some shot now that interest rates have dropped.

How epic that would be. Chicago deserves something like that.

There aren't that many opportunities left to go big at the mouth of the river which has amazing views.

Old Posted Today, 12:47 AM

[QUOTE=chicubs111;10297022]
Quote:
Originally Posted by iguy View Post
really really hoping this happens, but the nimbys already got this first tower chopped from 1100, and iirc a "traffic study" was going to have to be conducted in order to gauge how the buildout of the second tower would go? The deadly combo of nimbys and aldermanic prerogative is never to be underestimated in this city smh.[/

^was it the nimbys ?...I thought the devloeper just downsized because of market conditions...I mean it was approved to be a 2000ft building so not sure why nimby would suddenly not want an 1100ft tower at this location but who knows how these backroom dealings work with the developers and alderman.
Not sure what the politics were surrounding the original approval of the Spire, but my understanding (which could be wrong) was that, as to the 400 Lakeshore proposal, certain members of the neighborhood complained about the traffic levels on water street due to the hotel component and the eventual buildout of DuSable Park, seeing the hotel and podium nixed and the park access plans altered.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction