HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Sep 27, 2024, 2:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smain View Post
I'm wanting to know more about this. So are they going to have to fundraise yearly just to stay open? This doesn't seem sustainable.
I don't have any insight into their financials, but plenty of non-profits operate off of fundraising and $100,000 a year doesn't seem like that big a number. If they can cultivate a dozen or so decent sized benefactors (ie $2,500 to $5,000 per year) then the rest could be raised off small donations. The fact they were able to generate $50,000 in one week shows they have community support. They should be able to generate revenue from operations as well. I do agree it would be nice to know what the plan is though.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2024, 5:17 PM

Quote:
A Charlotte-based single-family residential developer has moving toward establishing a major Triad presence by spending $78.7 million for land planned for the Caleb’s Creek residential community in Kernersville.

Lennar Carolinas LLC said Friday it has plans for up to 2,194 homesites on the 700-acre site.

Lennar Carolinas is an affiliate of Lennar, in Irvine, Calif., a new homebuilder with a presence in 26 states. Its target homebuyers tend to be entry-level, first-time and move-up buyers.
https://journalnow.com/news/local/bu...home-top-story

Old Posted Sep 27, 2024, 5:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-V-R View Post
I don't have any insight into their financials, but plenty of non-profits operate off of fundraising and $100,000 a year doesn't seem like that big a number. If they can cultivate a dozen or so decent sized benefactors (ie $2,500 to $5,000 per year) then the rest could be raised off small donations. The fact they were able to generate $50,000 in one week shows they have community support. They should be able to generate revenue from operations as well. I do agree it would be nice to know what the plan is though.
Yeah, they raised a lot quickly. It shows just how much the theater is valued by the community.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2024, 6:18 PM

It’s been a September to remember
Quote:
The closed CVS Pharmacy property at 201 W. Fourth St. in downtown Winston-Salem appears set for new life following its purchase by a Clemmons group.

Kazakos Empire LLC, led by Alexander Kazakos, paid $1.2 million for the 0.15-acre tract that contains a 12,460-square-foot building, according to a Forsyth County Register of Deeds filing Thursday.

Kazakos is listed as managing member in a corporation filing with the N.C. Secretary of State’s office. Kazakos owns and operates the Breakfastime restaurant at 1650 Hanes Mall Blvd.
https://journalnow.com/news/local/bu...home-top-story

Old Posted Sep 27, 2024, 11:35 PM

We kicked in for aperture right away even though we haven’t been to see a film there in years. It’s a huge amenity for downtown and it would be criminal malfeasance for WS to let it go.
If you haven’t contributed yet, please consider sending them some cash. I know the board chair and have a lot of confidence in leadership going forward!

Old Posted Sep 27, 2024, 11:36 PM

Any more info in WSJ on CVS? The article is behind a paywall…

Old Posted Sep 28, 2024, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winstonwalker View Post
Any more info in WSJ on CVS? The article is behind a paywall…

No, Kazakos was unavailable for comment

Old Posted Sep 28, 2024, 10:17 AM

Regarding the Grounds, I've seen the investment of $150M reported. The AD of Wake Forest said eventually $1B could be invested. Those renderings certainly look more like a $1B investment than a $150M investment. Hopefully they come to pass.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2024, 4:25 PM
Fourth and Main

Projects & Construction:
I want to thank the photographers and local businesses, sharing updates on projects, who make this thread possible. Without you, these updates won't happen. I don't make any money from this and these updates are to share, with both locals and out-of-towners, what is happening in the city they love. Many people reading this are far-away and this allows them to see the projects. If you can, please support any local businesses or follow social pages sharing photographs and thank them.

Due to the hurricane/tropical storm, I wasn't able to give this as much time and effort as usual. I was concerned the storm would negatively impact the area where I live (northeast Atlanta suburbs) and it did knock-out power for a long time... internet too. However, instead of turning toward Atlanta, it curved toward the city I grew-up in (Arden, N.C.) and where my parents still reside! The metro area where I grew-up is in very bad shape. I am shaken-up from this and it's difficult to focus on the updates right now.

Video Link

Bailey Power Plant Tenants:

The Dutch Light Cocktail Bar opening:

Credit: Brandy Eason Hearn

Credit: DWSP

Video Link

Whitaker Park Mixed-use Project:
The lease: Wake Forest University's Center for Nanotechnology & Molecular Materials leased 15,220-square-feet in the 630-2 Lab Building for laboratory, classroom, and office space. The lease begins January 10, 2025 and ends July 31, 2030, with three five-year renewals that could bring the lease expiration to July 31, 2045. I do wish this was downtown, in the Innovation Quarter.

Interstate 74:

Video Link

Salem Bottling Works:
A new restaurant lease was signed. The restaurant appears to be named Dale's?

Bowman Gray Stadium Renovation:

An update on the Bill Hayes statue:
Video Link

Brown-Coltrane Building Restoration:
The opening is scheduled for around June 2025.

Credit: dylan.blackburn

Celebrity sighting: Dee Snider from Twisted Sister:
Video Link

King Building:
Maybe this project should have its own separate entry on our construction list? Steele Group Architects is the architect for this renovation. The renovation includes cleaning the facade and staining. It also includes landscaping.

Stevens Center Renovation:

Video Link

1782 George Stockburger House Restoration:

This was found under an old board:

Credit: stockburgerfarmhouse

Depot District:
The City of Lexington selected a plan from Tesh Realty for redeveloping 313 Railroad Street in the Depot District with a food hall, distillery, pocket park, retail/restaurant spaces, apartments above the storefronts, and 8 townhomes. Construction could start at the end of next year.

Video Link

Your City

Old Posted Sep 30, 2024, 4:03 PM

Matthew, best wishes for your family in Arden! I'm sure it's going to be rough for the next few weeks.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2024, 5:03 PM

Matthew, I pray for your family’s speedy recovery from this Devastating catastrophe

Old Posted Sep 30, 2024, 7:49 PM

I really need the Byrum Apartments development to start construction by the end of the year. It's depressing not having any active big residential developments under construction downtown.

Old Posted Yesterday, 1:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCMetroRaleigh View Post
I really need the Byrum Apartments development to start construction by the end of the year. It's depressing not having any active big residential developments under construction downtown.
What about Fourth and Green?

Old Posted Yesterday, 1:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smain View Post
I'm wanting to know more about this. So are they going to have to fundraise yearly just to stay open? This doesn't seem sustainable.
They already fund raise yearly. All financials are available on the organization's website. https://aperturecinema.com/annual-report/

Like many businesses and non-profits, they are likely figuring things out post pandemic. In the 2023 reports they mention pandemic relief funds received in 2021 and 2022.

Old Posted Yesterday, 8:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnAikens View Post
What about Fourth and Green?
Isn’t it post-construction now?

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations