HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Oct 5, 2024, 2:08 PM

Old Posted Oct 6, 2024, 12:28 PM
Fourth and Main

Projects & Construction:
I want to thank the photographers and local businesses, sharing updates on projects, who make this thread possible. Without you, these updates won't happen. I don't make any money from this and these updates are to share, with both locals and out-of-towners, what is happening in the city they love. Many people reading this are far-away and this allows them to see the projects. If you can, please support any local businesses or follow social pages sharing photographs and thank them.

This week's update has economic development news, a rare update on the Critical Care Center, and a look at the Winston-Salem apartment market! Lets get updated!

I'm better (parents are doing well and have electricity), but it's still sad to see what happened to the area where I grew-up. It's rough to look at and I usually find I don't want to look at it. I'm helping a friend and his wife move to Atlanta and now two other friends have heard about this and also want help moving down here. Zack said he needs some sort of state certification, so keep that in mind if you're moving from Asheville to a neighboring state. Staying with friends or family for a few weeks is a good way to start your move. I will add that I missed home for several years after moving down here. Be prepared for that. Continue to pray for those in Western North Carolina and donate or volunteer if you can. It may take a decade for the area to recover? A major issue is the lack of flood insurance.

Big '80s Hair = Big '80s Music!
Video Link

1782 George Stockburger House Restoration:

Credit: Stockburger Farmhouse

Credit: Stockburger Farmhouse

Development Sites:
Forsyth County will hire HDR Engineering and Jones Lang LaSalle to find 16 new economic development sites and find how much it would cost and how long it would take to convert those sites to shovel-ready sites. The county wants four sites suitable for each of these economic development categories: Advanced manufacturing, aerospace & aviation, life sciences, and corporate headquarters.

Novant Health Critical Care Center:

This 193,480-square-foot project is nearing DHSR final inspections:

Credit: Kevin Lewis

New Tenants/Leases:

An update on the former Ronnie's location. I don't think they have signed any leases at this time?

Credit: Credit: winston_360

This is an antique elevator:

Housing Research Center:
Winston-Salem State University was awarded a $4 million federal grant to create a Housing Research Center. The Center will research housing supply, how to stabilize rents, and help first-time buyers in the region.

Video Link

Economic Development:
61 companies are interested in Winston-Salem. 12 are in life sciences and 4 are in aerospace. The businesses looking at Winston-Salem are from (top 4 cities) New York, Atlanta, Los Angeles, and Charlotte.

Salem Bottling Works:

Credit: winston_360

Credit: winston_360

Credit: salembottleworks

What could be a pizza restaurant on the left and restrooms on the right, with water bottle filler:

The expanded 1944 syrup room is on the left and the original syrup room is on the right:

Apartment Vacancy Rate:
Multi-family housing in Winston-Salem is currently 92.4% leased. L|T Partners has the population growth for Winston-Salem at 4.7%. The national average for population growth is 2.8%.

1913 Lord & Burnham Conservatory Restoration:
Maybe the conservatory is older than we thought? chadwickorchidretail said, "The newly renovated Brown Family Conservatory whose grand opening is Tuesday. The original structure was built in 1909 and every attempt was made to preserve the charming details including copper gutters, curved glass and hot water heating." reynoldagardenswfu said, "Join us for the official opening of the Brown Family Conservatory and Reynolda Welcome Center on Tuesday, October 8 from 1:30 to 4:30 p.m."

Credit: reynoldagardenswfu

Credit: o.henrymag

Credit: reynoldagardenswfu

Credit: chadwickorchidretail

Lofts @ Whitaker Park: Built!

This project is now completed!

Credit: theloftsatwhitakerpark

Black, white, grey... no pop of color or warmth. I guess it looks modern?

Your City

Old Posted Oct 7, 2024, 6:48 PM

I’m
Excited about the new Salem Bottleworks, but it’s taking too darn long to complete !

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations