HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Business & the Economy

Old Posted Yesterday, 12:13 AM

mentioned in another thread about Guildford hours, they this week have gone back to their pre-covid hours and are open until 9 pm again, except for Sunday.

I went to the Neiman Marcus in Las Vegas, it was much better than the Saks Fifth Avenue in the same mall, better more upscale brands, the Saks felt kinda Bay-like, both of the stores though were bland and basic looking. Would be interesting to see if they do come to Canada.

Last edited by SpongeG; Yesterday at 2:17 PM.

Old Posted Yesterday, 10:43 AM
life in the present

Retail Insider has more details on the Neiman Marcus purchase this morning, it appears the future of the 3 remaining Saks stores in Canada is uncertain.

https://retail-insider.com/retail-in...s-with-amazon/

Old Posted Yesterday, 4:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpongeG View Post
mentioned in another thread about Guildford hours, they this week have gone back to their pre-covid hours and are open until 9 pm again, except for Sunday.

I went to the Neiman Marcus in Las Vegas, it was much better than the Saks Fifth Avenue in the same mall, better more upscale brands, the Saks felt kinda Bay-like, both of the stores though were bland and basic looking. Would be interesting to see if they do come to Canada.
I didn't have a chance to go into Saks (was also a little deterred knowing the plight of the stores in canada) when in NYC recently. Bergdorfs was very busy given their few exclusives for certain brands (namely Goyard). The saks in Canada have such minimal hours and few concessions left its not a great place to shop. I was also a bit surprised that the nordstrom stores in manhattan were nowhere near as high end as in Vancouver.

Interestingly enough, after coming out of bankruptcy, I found the neimans stores were packed full of product vs their very curated selection pre-covid, almost to a level of being chaotic now, with that said still a decent selection of product closer to what nordstrom had here. Printemps is also opening a store in NYC.

There are a lot of international department stores that could easily fill the Nordstrom space and probably be successful given the market here espeecially if high end, I would just think that as most foreign entry's into canada have failed that its not attractive for expansion given our weak currency and relatively high operating costs.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Business & the Economy