HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Today, 7:15 AM

Any reason why 333 S. Figueroa St is fenced off? If it wasn’t for those bribes, LA Grand Hotel would be close to topping out?

Hope someone can revive that project.

Old Posted Today, 3:29 PM

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by scania View Post
Disagree…the world changes. Tradition often times needs to be tweaked to adapt to changing times. With the proper elements around the park…people will want to hangout and enjoy. It’s much more than the just a design alone. I’m sure you as well as everyone else on here knows these facts.
Disagree. They still make nice traditional parks in NYC and around the world, so it can be done (and be cost effective). It's just that LA has set the bar super low, loves to over design and loves concrete (probably to keep maintenance to a minimum, hence people come last). Now we just have to accept what they give us and we call it progress? Besides every new LA park in the last 15 years has been "tweaked to adapt to changing times". Almost all of them are duds. The definition of insanity is...

Old Posted Today, 3:41 PM

Cool

Here are some pics of the mysterious "Gotham City" Boyle Heights park I took yesterday.

It's still locked and had had 0 maintenance from when I last walked by a few of months ago. I wish they would clean up the graffiti and replant the grass. This would be one of the coolest "newish" parks in LA.

The outside gate (notice the metal statues on the stone pillars)

Inside the park (needs some TLC but the bones are all there, notice the cool park entrance gate on the far left)

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations