HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Old Posted Yesterday, 10:20 PM
Midrise

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimpskibot View Post
really don’t get the need to have 1.5 parking spaces per apt. There are over 5 bus lines within 10min walk of this location plus the BSL. The tweet says they need a variance? What is the variance for?
Variances needed because it’s still zoned I-2 (medium industrial). ZBA hearing is scheduled for October 9th.

https://atlas.phila.gov/1520-30%20WA...N%20AVE/zoning

In fact the refusals are included in the CDR submission:
THE PROPOSED USE, MULTI-FAMILY (FIFTY-FIVE (55) DWELLING UNITS) HOUSEHOLD LIVING, IS EXPRESSLY
PROHIBITED IN THIS ZONING DISTRICT, 1-2

THE BALCONIES ARE PERMITTED IN ALL RESIDENTIAL DISTRICTS, COMMERCIAL MIXED-USE DISTRICTS, AND THE
IRMX DISTRICT. WHEREAS THE PROPOSED BALCONIES ARE IN THE 1-2 INDUSTRIAL DISTRICT.
By never introducing an ordinance to remap his stretch of Washington Avenue to the newer zoning code as recommended by the Planning Commission, Councilperson Kenyatta Johnson maintains his gatekeeper role for development on the corridor.

Last edited by Jayfar; Yesterday at 11:19 PM.

Old Posted Today, 2:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayfar View Post
Variances needed because it’s still zoned I-2 (medium industrial). ZBA hearing is scheduled for October 9th.

https://atlas.phila.gov/1520-30%20WA...N%20AVE/zoning

In fact the refusals are included in the CDR submission:
THE PROPOSED USE, MULTI-FAMILY (FIFTY-FIVE (55) DWELLING UNITS) HOUSEHOLD LIVING, IS EXPRESSLY
PROHIBITED IN THIS ZONING DISTRICT, 1-2

THE BALCONIES ARE PERMITTED IN ALL RESIDENTIAL DISTRICTS, COMMERCIAL MIXED-USE DISTRICTS, AND THE
IRMX DISTRICT. WHEREAS THE PROPOSED BALCONIES ARE IN THE 1-2 INDUSTRIAL DISTRICT.
By never introducing an ordinance to remap his stretch of Washington Avenue to the newer zoning code as recommended by the Planning Commission, Councilperson Kenyatta Johnson maintains his gatekeeper role for development on the corridor.
Good old councilmanic corruption!

Old Posted Today, 4:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTone View Post
IMG_0062 by Tony Valuez, on Flickr

Lighting Upgrades anyone
The lighting was tested again. The lights will be ON in August, according to @phillychitchat on Instagram. More lighting!!! I love it!

Old Posted Today, 2:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLtoNYC View Post
Too bad the 95 cap won't be ready in time. I heard FDR Park is an option, although an option closer to Center City would be cool (IMO).

Also, what is the point of an expanse of grass if it can't be used for anything? Assuming Independence Mall is large enough for 10k+ people, that would be a great spot for a "fan fest" event, especially on the July 4th game. Might as well build a hotel or apartments on the mall then...
The World Cup Fan Fest location has been announced! I don't think any of us mentioned this as a possibility.
The Host City Executive lady said that they needed a space to accommodate between 15K-25K on any given day...

https://www.fox29.com/video/1473722

Old Posted Today, 3:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealdawk View Post
The World Cup Fan Fest location has been announced! I don't think any of us mentioned this as a possibility.
The Host City Executive lady said that they needed a space to accommodate between 15K-25K on any given day...

https://www.fox29.com/video/1473722
They mention infrastructure improvements. Could you imagine if they laid a rail line in the cut for this, with a new marquee Fairmount Park station at 33rd & Girard? Sigh... one can dream.

Old Posted Today, 3:52 PM

What happened to the Ben Franklin Bridge LED lights? At night they are dimly light as well.

Old Posted Today, 3:54 PM

I guess this answers my question !

https://www.inquirer.com/news/philad...-20240305.html

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development