HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction

270 Park Avenue in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Aug 26, 2024, 3:05 PM

Does this remind anyone of the Willis (Sears) Tower specifically from the north and south angles?

Old Posted Aug 26, 2024, 4:46 PM

I love the width of this building from afar. But I’m still waiting on a new super taller to really define the skyline like the twins did. While, I like this building, I don’t think it is city defining.

Old Posted Aug 26, 2024, 5:51 PM
Ω

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayden View Post
Does this remind anyone of the Willis (Sears) Tower specifically from the north and south angles?
I always think of it as a kind of hybrid between the Hancock and Sears with classic NY art deco massing. Great combo!

Old Posted Aug 26, 2024, 11:50 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantSwan View Post
I love the width of this building from afar. But I’m still waiting on a new super taller to really define the skyline like the twins did. While, I like this building, I don’t think it is city defining.
This tower is built in an area of the skyline with equally tall and taller towers. The Twin Towers were built at a time when very few supertalls were built, and only the ESB approaching it in scale, though not even close. Even if those towers had been rebuilt, it's a different time, and a different skyline. The city no longer has a few supertalls on the skyline, it has a supertall skyline.

That speaks more to the city than it does to this building, which is amazing in its own right.

https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/n...?adppopup=true

RSH3339

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Last edited by NYguy; Yesterday at 12:10 AM.

Old Posted Yesterday, 9:36 PM

The widened medians will be a great addition to Park Avenue and will be an addition apropos to this new icon.

https://www.amny.com/news/park-avenu...afer-fixtures/

AMNY/Credit: DOT

Old Posted Today, 1:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayden View Post
Oh yes! It reminds me of it for sure! And it's my 2nd favorite building in the country behind the Sears tower. Imagine if it had 2 tall antennas like Sears tower haha someone should photoshop that

Old Posted Today, 2:03 AM
New Yorker for life

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction