HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Transportation & Infrastructure

Old Posted May 29, 2024, 8:44 PM

While attempting to deflect to anything other than the police debacle.

Old Posted May 29, 2024, 8:46 PM

I wish common sense would have prevailed to build the new bridge to the six-lane width with cantilevers in place, and only paint it to 4-lanes to allow for New Westminster's virtue signaling. Then repaint it to 6 lanes a year later when the reality hits hard. Hundreds of millions could have been saved to be used on other urgent infrastructure projects.

Alternatively I hope Crazy Brenda wouldn't have wasted hundreds of millions into the Police transition, as the money saved could have funded the expansion here.

It's ridiculous how there is no accountability of any kind in government. Don't even get me going on Massey Tunnel and billions of dollars wasted...

Old Posted May 29, 2024, 9:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klazu View Post
I wish common sense would have prevailed to build the new bridge to the six-lane width with cantilevers in place, and only paint it to 4-lanes to allow for New Westminster's virtue signaling. Then repaint it to 6 lanes a year later when the reality hits hard. Hundreds of millions could have been saved to be used on other urgent infrastructure projects.

Alternatively I hope Crazy Brenda wouldn't have wasted hundreds of millions into the Police transition, as the money saved could have funded the expansion here.

It's ridiculous how there is no accountability of any kind in government. Don't even get me going on Massey Tunnel and billions of dollars wasted...
The biggest issue I have is that there should have been space allocated for commuter rail. The Expo Line is great, but it is getting very over capacity, and there needs to be plans for fast, frequent commuter rail. This would have been the perfect place for it, as it is central in the Vancouver to Surrey corridor.

At least the Alex Fraser and new Massey have provisions for it though, but we need something in the works now. Vancouver is very far behind in this front.

Old Posted May 29, 2024, 9:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanSpice View Post
It is on brand though for Brenda Locke to rehash old and tired arguments and drive them into the ground.
She'd fit in well here.

Old Posted May 30, 2024, 2:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klazu View Post
It's ridiculous how there is no accountability of any kind in government.
You're talking about places like China and Russia. Here we have something called "elections". Count your blessings.

Old Posted May 30, 2024, 4:30 PM

BC Gov News: Two major infrastructure projects reach milestones
Friday, May 24, 2024 1:00 PM https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2024MOTI0065-000799

"The Pattullo Bridge Replacement Project started at the beginning of the pandemic in February 2020. Since then, it has faced significant challenges, including inflationary pressures and global supply issues related to the delivery of specialized components from around the world. In addition, the bridge tower construction took longer than expected. As a result, the new bridge is expected to open in fall 2025.

The new bridge will provide people with better connections and modern, wider lanes separated by a centre median barrier and dedicated walking and cycling lanes. Once complete, the bridge will provide a safer commute for people driving, cycling, or walking, and a more efficient connection for goods movement between Canada and the United States."

What can you do... we move on, hopefully forward.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Transportation & Infrastructure