HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted May 23, 2024, 8:11 PM
Loving SA 365 days a year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daren View Post
FSD is going to make "most" public mass transit systems obsolete. The majority of that federal money (our money) will be wasted.
No.

Old Posted May 23, 2024, 8:49 PM
JACKinBeantown

Quote:
FSD is going to make "most" public mass transit systems obsolete. The majority of that federal money (our money) will be wasted.
Please cite the sources of data upon which you are basing your hypothesis.

Old Posted May 24, 2024, 6:13 AM

Quote:
D'oh, that gosh darn wasted money on federally financed transit systems that aren't interstate highways

Old Posted May 24, 2024, 3:41 PM

I wanted to share some thoughts on the nature of our online discussions. While brief comments like “No” or playful remarks can add a light-hearted touch, they may not always contribute substantially to the conversation. It’s important for us to strive for engagement that is both informative and thought-provoking.

The article provides a comprehensive overview, highlighting how these changes could influence our daily lives, work, and interactions with autonomous vehicles. It’s a thought-provoking read that sparks conversations on the future landscape of our society.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8885781/

Yes, AI, the other rapidly developing technology, helped me write this post.

Old Posted May 24, 2024, 4:20 PM
constructor extrodinaire!

I'm sorry, enlighten me here... what does "FSD" stand for?

Old Posted May 24, 2024, 5:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texboy View Post
I'm sorry, enlighten me here... what does "FSD" stand for?
Full Self Driving, it is just one term for autonomous.

Old Posted May 24, 2024, 5:45 PM
JACKinBeantown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rynetwo View Post
I wanted to share some thoughts on the nature of our online discussions. While brief comments like “No” or playful remarks can add a light-hearted touch, they may not always contribute substantially to the conversation. It’s important for us to strive for engagement that is both informative and thought-provoking.

The article provides a comprehensive overview, highlighting how these changes could influence our daily lives, work, and interactions with autonomous vehicles. It’s a thought-provoking read that sparks conversations on the future landscape of our society.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8885781/

Yes, AI, the other rapidly developing technology, helped me write this post.
(like button)

Old Posted Sep 9, 2024, 11:54 PM
James

Bridging the Gap: San Antonio Secures $2.96M to Reconnect Downtown and East Side
Quote:
Planning to address the structural barrier between downtown and the East Side is about to commence.

After receiving a $2.96 million grant from the Department of Transportation to study ways to deemphasize the Interstate 37 barrier between the two areas, the city of San Antonio is set to provide $740,000 in matching funds to kick off the effort. After applying for the funds last year, the federal government awarded a Reconnecting Communities and Neighborhoods grant in March of this year.

In a presentation to City Council's Transportation and Infrastructure Committee in September 2023, Assistant City Manager Lori Houston said the goal is to reconnect downtown and the East Side by "minimizing or retrofitting that barrier ... and we would do that through the community planning process, that strategic plan and the development of a conceptual plan."

The city is paying its share through the Hotel Occupancy Tax Redemption Fund. City Council is expected to approve granting the funds this week. Officials will then form an oversight committee that will manage the planning phase, a series of public workshops, stakeholder meetings and other outreach events. The committee will be comprised of leaders from the city, Hemisfair, TxDOT, neighborhood associations and community organizations.

The city will also seek to hire a consultant to assist with the process, which is expected to take about one year. The city would then apply for a second grant to fund construction on whatever solution the committee reaches.
City officials were unavailable for comment before publication time.

Old Posted Sep 10, 2024, 2:59 PM

I mean $2.69M just to plan it out seems like some inflation numbers. It better be a deck park or something like that.

Old Posted Sep 16, 2024, 7:59 PM

VIA just announced they are adding Tap and Go payments to busses! Super excited to not have to worry about change or anything with the bus. I have the app and tickets there but this will be nice when trying to convince people to hop on a bus when we’re out and about!

Old Posted Sep 16, 2024, 8:41 PM
COGSADCAJA- Publicist

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie2008 View Post
VIA just announced they are adding Tap and Go payments to busses! Super excited to not have to worry about change or anything with the bus. I have the app and tickets there but this will be nice when trying to convince people to hop on a bus when we’re out and about!
Tap and go for transit blew my mind the first time I used it. Even in a city you live in, having to mess with a transit card or change is annoying, and as a visitor it's especially irritating. The only other cities I've used it in are London, Philly and NYC, so this feels like we're maybe slightly ahead of the curve here? I thought it would be a minimum of 250 years before VIA adopted it but what a great surprise!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio