HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Transportation

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Today, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromSD View Post
Congresswoman Maxine Waters has come out against the Inglewood People Mover project set to link the K Line to So Fi Stadium. She was an early supporter but changed her mind after cost estimates reached $2 billion. She believes that the money would be better spent elsewhere to benefit local residents. She makes some valid points, but it's odd that she waited so long to voice her opposition. I'm sure this is causing quite a bit of controversy among the local political leadership--most notably Mayor Butts of Inglewood, a big proponent of the project.

From the LA Times, 18 July 2024:

July 18, 2024 9:28 AM PT
Blasting a $2-billion people mover that would link SoFi Stadium to one of Los Angeles’ newest rail lines, Rep. Maxine Waters is on a mission to halt a project she called “ridiculous.”

“To the degree that I can do anything to stop it, I will do it,” she said Wednesday. “It’s a project that has turned out to be totally unnecessary and totally much too costly.”

The veteran lawmaker argues the elevated people mover — once touted as a marquee piece for the 2028 Olympic Games — won’t help those living in the working-class but gentrifying community. She suggested the Inglewood Transit Connector, or ITC, will be more useful to ferry fans flocking to the cluster of multibillion-dollar stadiums that have come to dominate the city of 107,000.

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...mover-olympics
The cost is insane and it’s connectivity is minimal. Other alternatives might be better - including the original plan but also connecting it southward to the C line. And/Or connecting it to the LAX PM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Transportation