HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Yesterday, 8:41 PM

The biggest, most transformative project of our time in Winnipeg will be the Downtown Transit Corridor / P&M overhaul. We're in prep mode for this at work and it's really exciting when thinking about it.

How the entire strip of Main St. specifically from Portage south to the river can be transformed by TOD and the BRT. The streetscaping of the entire stretch of Portage and Main strips. Portage Ave with a transit corridor. Throw in Portage Place and The Bay. Exciting times ahead.

Old Posted Yesterday, 8:46 PM

Yup it’s got me excited

I walked out of Bluenote Park last Friday after a wrestling show at about midnight, and looking across the street at the big giant blank wall of empty parking lots thinking “how the fuck is like this?” Dreamed of a strip of mid rise buildings with other bars or taverns to walk. Like actual nightlife on Main St in a big city. One day I hope.

Old Posted Yesterday, 8:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
The biggest, most transformative project of our time in Winnipeg will be the Downtown Transit Corridor / P&M overhaul. We're in prep mode for this at work and it's really exciting when thinking about it.

How the entire strip of Main St. specifically from Portage south to the river can be transformed by TOD and the BRT. The streetscaping of the entire stretch of Portage and Main strips. Portage Ave with a transit corridor. Throw in Portage Place and The Bay. Exciting times ahead.
Is there something actively in the works and about to be announced? It's been radio silence on transit announcements since the finalized rerouting announcement months ago.

Old Posted Yesterday, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDog204 View Post
For the life of me, I cannot understand why there has never been significant development on that lot. I can remember when it was a supermarket in the 80s. Then it became "Darkzone," for much of the 90s until it closed. Then they built the Burger King, and that building adjacent to it.

Now it is just a Dollarama, with a huge parking lot that is never full. I would love to see them raze the Dollarama building, for development of some apartment/condo complex.
Because that lot has been targeted for expropriation for decades for a Pembina/ Osborne interchange. Always stays out of the 5 year budget though.

Old Posted Today, 1:14 AM

Quote:

So it's confirmed that it is indeed going ahead as planned? Any confirmed commencement date for the works?

I am pretty excited about this as well.

Old Posted Today, 2:41 AM

Wow. Tell me more.

Has anyone drawn this out?

Old Posted Today, 2:55 AM
surely you agree with me

Quote:

agreed 100%. It's annoying that the timelines are so slow. Current federal government has invested huge money into transit across the country....next October that tap could be shut right off.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan