HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley

Old Posted Jul 16, 2024, 9:48 AM

That sounds like a positive development! Even a short section of the seawall can make a big difference in connecting key areas and improving pedestrian accessibility. If they manage to extend it all the way to Bewicke, it would indeed offer a much more pleasant and safer route compared to navigating the narrow sidewalks and utility poles along 3rd Street. Enhancing the TransCanada Trail in this way could also boost local tourism and encourage more people to walk or bike, which is great for the community and the environment. Here's hoping they continue with the project and make the full connection to Cap Mall area a reality!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fever View Post
I heard that a short section of the seawall from Waterfront park to the marina was being built. It's maybe only a couple hundred metres long, though. It would be a great shortcut to the Cap Mall area if they could get it all the way to Bewicke. Currently, the TransCanada Trail follows 3rd street, a truck route that has narrow sidewalks with utility poles, between Waterfront park and Marine drive/Mosquito Park.

I don't know if the Save on (old Dave Buck site) is still being built. I just know it's not a parking lot anymore.

Old Posted Jul 16, 2024, 3:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinwein View Post
That sounds like a positive development! Even a short section of the seawall can make a big difference in connecting key areas and improving pedestrian accessibility. If they manage to extend it all the way to Bewicke, it would indeed offer a much more pleasant and safer route compared to navigating the narrow sidewalks and utility poles along 3rd Street. Enhancing the TransCanada Trail in this way could also boost local tourism and encourage more people to walk or bike, which is great for the community and the environment. Here's hoping they continue with the project and make the full connection to Cap Mall area a reality!
Did you see the date on that post you quoted? Welcome to the forum.

Old Posted Jul 16, 2024, 5:06 PM

Lol I was so confused for a minute. Glad that section has long been complete!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley