HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Old Posted Aug 15, 2024, 7:31 AM
Hong Kong

Street artist Banksy started unveiling a series of animal-themed works on August 5, 2024. Every day for the next 9 days, a new work around London would come to light. Not all his recent works have survived though. One looked like it was stolen shortly after it was installed while another was dismantled quickly.

More photos on my website : https://www.globalphotos.org/london-banksy.htm

Old Posted Aug 15, 2024, 9:12 PM

Does Banksy have permission to paint those? I think I read somewhere that he did one on the side of a building, and he did not have permission, but it increased the value of the property, but the owner didn't want it in the first place and might have gotten rid of it.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2024, 2:21 PM

Cool set! I love street art, let alone Banksy's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzmattzx View Post
Does Banksy have permission to paint those? I think I read somewhere that he did one on the side of a building, and he did not have permission, but it increased the value of the property, but the owner didn't want it in the first place and might have gotten rid of it.
Doesn't he do guerilla street art? And I guess calling it "guerilla" street art might be redundant. Some have called Banksy the richest vandal in the world.

~ Charles Bukowski

Old Posted Yesterday, 2:04 AM
Hong Kong

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzmattzx View Post
I don't think so, but it seems he is famous enough for the owners to protect it most of the time.

Old Posted Yesterday, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sopas ej View Post
Doesn't he do guerilla street art? And I guess calling it "guerilla" street art might be redundant. Some have called Banksy the richest vandal in the world.
My understanding is graffiti is illegal, and street art is legal.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos