HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Downtown & City of Vancouver

Old Posted Apr 17, 2024, 1:22 AM

I don't get why people with $1.6M lying around would go for this rather than a 2-3 bedroom corner unit in any decently-new building that isn't starchitect-built. At some point, the architecture and amenities can't possibly be worth looking that poor lol

Old Posted Apr 17, 2024, 5:48 AM

The bizarre part of that layout is that the long curved wall seems to be a solid exterior wall.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2024, 2:47 PM

As someone that lives in this building there are lots of highs and lows...

The highlights:
-Stunning architecture, common areas, landscaping and amenities
Almost every time I leave the building there are people outside or in the moss garden taking pictures or asking the concierge to come in and look around.. The building will surely win awards.
-The pool area is stunning and many times I have that area to myself.
-The moss garden is stunning and entrance area very nice.a
-Very well insulated.. The front entrance doors are massively heavy and I have yet to hear anyone outside or in a nearby unit.
-Big beautiful ensuites with high end materials
-Great location

The low lights
-The sliding glass doors should have been frameless. If I decide to buy a unit I would replace the awful clad doors to frameless ones- if possible
-For the 1 bedrooms the kitchens are what you would expect but if I bought a huge unit the Kitchens are very underwhelming.
-Some of the units do have weird floor plans. You are going to get this with architecture like this.
-If you are on a low floor facing north you are staring into a concrete building.

Overall the building as some incredible features but I could have been a lot more..

Right now units are selling far below assessed value so if you can get a good floorpan for a decent price I think it's a great place to live.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2024, 5:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dleung View Post
I don't get why people with $1.6M lying around would go for this rather than a 2-3 bedroom corner unit in any decently-new building that isn't starchitect-built. At some point, the architecture and amenities can't possibly be worth looking that poor lol
Agreed.

This Twitter commenter said it best: "Little bit out of my price range for a hallway"

Old Posted Jun 20, 2024, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by giallo View Post
You're right. As a studio, it's a very typical layout, but the listing specifically says 1 bedroom which is all kinds of misleading. There's zero mention that it's a studio apartment.

Anyway, I wonder how long it will take to sell this studio at the asking price?
And how is this unit remotely considered a 1 bedroom, rather than a $1.5+ million studio? On the previous page this one had walls around the "bedroom". Now they've disappeared. Were the walls digitally staged?

[IMG]kengo by bcborn, on Flickr[/IMG]
Source: https://www.rew.ca/properties/557998...t-vancouver-bc

Old Posted Jun 20, 2024, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnext View Post
And how is this unit remotely considered a 1 bedroom, rather than a $1.5+ million studio? On the previous page this one had walls around the "bedroom". Now they've disappeared. Were the walls digitally staged?

The floorplan is likely pre-Occupancy, and the glass partitions you saw in the photos are likely installed post-Occupancy.

Old Posted Jun 20, 2024, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenWhy? View Post
The floorplan is likely pre-Occupancy, and the glass partitions you saw in the photos are likely installed post-Occupancy.
Looking at the images in the latest listing link the walls are not there. Maybe they were just wishful thinking or they've been repo'ed.

Old Posted Jun 20, 2024, 11:23 PM

Sorry I'm getting images of this same / similar unit mixed up in my head (they all look the same! lol). What we're looking at is two different sets of floorplans. The entry closet is removed in the Twitter floorplan as well, and contains less flat walls than the more recent one you posted.

This can happen as a marketing set (I assume the Twitter version) is released before Construction drawings are completed.

While the more recent floorplan you posted is likely the post-construction "true" drawings.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2024, 2:31 AM

These floorplans are inspired by cocaine

Old Posted Jun 21, 2024, 4:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnext View Post

"Digitally staged" is such a delicate way of saying "Photoshopped to deceive buyers".

Old Posted Jun 21, 2024, 5:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaddieB View Post
These floorplans are inspired by cocaine
Kinda like the Star Wars Holiday Special?

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Downtown & City of Vancouver