HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Oct 12, 2024, 12:17 AM
They all float down here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando View Post
This needs to happen before the Olympics.

https://le.utah.gov/interim/2016/pdf/00002310.pdf
lol they've been talking about these Grand Boulevards for over a decade. Not gonna happen.

Hell, this deck is from 2016 lmao

Old Posted Yesterday, 2:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
lol they've been talking about these Grand Boulevards for over a decade. Not gonna happen.

Hell, this deck is from 2016 lmao
Come on let’s give the city some credit. Since 2016 we’ve added a cool development with ugly billboards hugging it from all angles, a few apartment buildings, and drumroll…a giant parking garage that can someday be converted. All while maintaining highway speeds on the grand boulevard. Thanks UDOT. In all seriousness I hope they can further improve 600 S. Does UDOT own 600 S? For 600 S to reach its full potential the billboards have to come down, electric lines have to be buried and the road needs to become more pedestrian friendly. They could also plant some trees sooner than later since trees take a long time to grow. Those all seem like hard asks for SLC though. Would love for State street to also have a more welcoming grand boulevard feel for those entering from the South.

When I was in São Paulo one thing I noticed were the many streets that had complete tree canopy cover. From a birds eye view you couldn’t even see the street there was so much canopy enclosure. I realize we’re in a desert and our streets are super wide so complete canopy enclosure won’t happen in SLC. But I think planting as many trees as possible is a good start. There’s lots of studies that show improved mental health as the presence of trees and vegetation increases. The best part of 600 S is along Grand America hotel because of all the trees

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West