HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Oct 7, 2024, 2:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helladog View Post
Maybe they should finish the Harbourfront Residences second building (or maybe they will say it never existed ).
Harbourfront was a failure wasn't it? I always understood sales were very slow (as opposed to other cities where waterview condo projects are often largely sold out before completion.) From what I've seen from photos on Realtor.ca the units are not nearly as nicely sized or well finished compared to what I would have expected given the location

Even so, why not pivot and build a building of rental units on the vacant land?

Old Posted Oct 7, 2024, 2:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor734 View Post
Harbourfront was a failure wasn't it? I always understood sales were very slow (as opposed to other cities where waterview condo projects are often largely sold out before completion.) From what I've seen from photos on Realtor.ca the units are not nearly as nicely sized or well finished compared to what I would have expected given the location

Even so, why not pivot and build a building of rental units on the vacant land?
Agreed, it wasn't great as a finished product, and neither courtyard area was as nice as promised either. To be fair, it was a very low time in SJ real estate when it was built, I would imagine a second building now would sell much, much faster.

For those that don't remember, this was the promised full project build-out:

Last edited by darkharbour; Oct 7, 2024 at 2:55 PM.

Old Posted Yesterday, 8:41 AM
Unregistered Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkharbour View Post
Agreed, it wasn't great as a finished product, and neither courtyard area was as nice as promised either. To be fair, it was a very low time in SJ real estate when it was built, I would imagine a second building now would sell much, much faster.

For those that don't remember, this was the promised full project build-out:

It's true, they had a hard time selling; and as you stated, they would prolly do fine in today's market. At the time, it was a bit of a test. This is likely why it's so hard to get developers to commit to projects in a timely fashion.

Some others:

Old Posted Yesterday, 12:57 PM

What a shame it didn't succeed. It would have been a lovely addition to Uptown.

Old Posted Yesterday, 1:10 PM
amalgamated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helladog View Post
It's true, they had a hard time selling; and as you stated, they would prolly do fine in today's market. At the time, it was a bit of a test. This is likely why it's so hard to get developers to commit to projects in a timely fashion.

Some others:

That would have been stunning, but there remains a lot of room to build great things on the harbour front.

Trudeau and PP's idea to build housing on federally owned port lands could make a lot of sense to get projects like these built. There's ample room to build housing on top of the existing Marco Polo and Diamond Jubilee Cruise ship terminal, as well as on the fringes of Lower Cove terminal.

The transition from the Lower Cove Loop to Broad St/Charlotte street is freaking grim.

There's many options to get transformative residential developments built on federally owned PSJ land without disrupting port operations.

Charlotte Street South deserves better than to look like this very uninviting road to nowhere.

Old Posted Today, 2:14 AM

AllNewBrunswick is reporting that Place 400 has found a buyer after they cut the price in half. Anyone with access to details?

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces