HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jul 3, 2024, 6:08 PM

Jaeger's Clarion Hotel in Kenner by the airport is going up for auction. The article mentions this is part of a bigger plan to offload properties but doesn't really talk about others besides mentioning that an auction normally wouldn't be done for more upscale hotels.

https://www.nola.com/news/business/c...d9803e8f3.html

Old Posted Jul 3, 2024, 8:48 PM

https://www.myneworleans.com/city-pa...%203%2C%202024Kind of a smaller project but renovations coming to Pan American stadium. Money coming from the Saints and FEMA. Saints donating a synthetic field to the stadium. There was also a shakeup in City Park leadership so this has quotes from the new boss Rebecca Dietz.

Old Posted Jul 4, 2024, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadmoor View Post
Jaeger's Clarion Hotel in Kenner by the airport is going up for auction. The article mentions this is part of a bigger plan to offload properties but doesn't really talk about others besides mentioning that an auction normally wouldn't be done for more upscale hotels.

https://www.nola.com/news/business/c...d9803e8f3.html
Interesting that hotels like this usually sell for around $50,000 a room. I'm no expert on this but I thought lots of nicer hotels cost something like 400,000 per room to construct.

Old Posted Jul 5, 2024, 6:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris from N.O. View Post
Interesting that hotels like this usually sell for around $50,000 a room. I'm no expert on this but I thought lots of nicer hotels cost something like 400,000 per room to construct.
Not too surprising though given the location, brand, and state of repair of this one.

Old Posted Jul 5, 2024, 7:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadmoor View Post
Not too surprising though given the location, brand, and state of repair of this one.
I mean I know it's not the Ritz-Carlton or something I just thought the fact that the disparity was that large was interesting.

Old Posted Yesterday, 2:18 PM

again, no plans to go downtown but friend called, him and his wife were in town, only a few people will get me out if the come in, this is one of them lol

completely forgot how much city officials and NOPD can fuck traffic up, the reminded sucked lol

one officer blocked the road as I was pulling across the intersection, light just turned yellow as I was moving thru, now im blocking lanes because of the officer in his patrol vehicle, light turns red, the guy semi directing traffic looks at me and the light and gets an attitude im there when the whole thing is the cop blocking me. they move and he yells to go, I point to the 3 old people in the crosswalk, he screamed to go 3 more times like he didnt see anyone in the middle of the crosswalk using a walker, then a shitshow with deepthroat Kamala as the had poydras blocked near the lowes hotel where she is staying. 1.5 hours to get to Harrahs

they opened up most lanes from construction barricades on Poydras from Claiborne to half of the Superdome

so much fun

one of the many unlevel benches by the Convention Center

last sections boarded up inside, Poydras/CC entrance was still not open, will check next week as im done with that shit show

also didnt encounter any long lines to get in which was great but the guy in front of me was throwing a fit, letting the staff know he would be complaining about the swiping of older people

Old Posted Yesterday, 9:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLAslimm View Post
again, no plans to go downtown but friend called, him and his wife were in town, only a few people will get me out if the come in, this is one of them lol

completely forgot how much city officials and NOPD can fuck traffic up, the reminded sucked lol

one officer blocked the road as I was pulling across the intersection, light just turned yellow as I was moving thru, now im blocking lanes because of the officer in his patrol vehicle, light turns red, the guy semi directing traffic looks at me and the light and gets an attitude im there when the whole thing is the cop blocking me. they move and he yells to go, I point to the 3 old people in the crosswalk, he screamed to go 3 more times like he didnt see anyone in the middle of the crosswalk using a walker, then a shitshow with deepthroat Kamala as the had poydras blocked near the lowes hotel where she is staying. 1.5 hours to get to Harrahs

they opened up most lanes from construction barricades on Poydras from Claiborne to half of the Superdome

so much fun

one of the many unlevel benches by the Convention Center

last sections boarded up inside, Poydras/CC entrance was still not open, will check next week as im done with that shit show

also didnt encounter any long lines to get in which was great but the guy in front of me was throwing a fit, letting the staff know he would be complaining about the swiping of older people
i wish they would do a test without an officer directly traffic on poydras to see what it does to traffic - i’d swear they just make it worse.

Old Posted Yesterday, 9:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooperpaz View Post
i wish they would do a test without an officer directly traffic on poydras to see what it does to traffic - i’d swear they just make it worse.
they literally engineer traffic jambs for these big events, for no reason at all, they will just block main streets off, you turn to go a different route and it just makes you go around the block in traffic and brings you right back out to the spot you were just at.

I can understand not allowing cars to cross Bourbon st when its packed but they close the entire quarter unless you have a permit or managers work ID

for bayou classic, 20 years ago they had crazy traffic, now not a lot of people come in for it like they use to but come 9pm, they still close canal to vehicles creating huge traffic jambs

add in the ones who block the intersection like I was trying to avoid and the others that just run the red lights because, why not. its a complete shitshow

I took a different route back so I didnt see if they had the city branded, super bright spot lights on Poydras that they face into oncoming traffic, I really, really loved those

here is the officer that was yelling at me to go when there's handicap people trying to cross the street

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations