HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jul 13, 2024, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quixote View Post
Not the sexiest development, but 1317 Grand is a terrific example of how we can make housing more affordable, livable, urban, and interesting. This is what I hope becomes of the Fashion District.

The building, with 147 units, is a mere 50 feet wide along Grand and covers approximately 9,400 SF. Extrapolating that to one square mile and assuming one person per unit, that yields a density of nearly 436,000 per square mile. It just goes to show you how much of a waste parking podiums are.

Apartments.com
I assume those are all very small studio units.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2024, 8:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigs View Post
I assume those are all very small studio units.
The apartments will average just 328 square feet in size.

Old Posted Yesterday, 1:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotchman View Post
The apartments will average just 328 square feet in size.
There's definitely a market for that. I lived downtown in a shitty studio about that size, so a new construction that size would be great for a single young person.

Old Posted Yesterday, 2:47 PM
Ridin' into the sunset

The renderings of the project implied a much different color scheme, and metal panels, but the smooth white stucco works here really well. Finishes actually look decent!
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted Yesterday, 2:59 PM
你的媽媽

I like that there is no parking included in that project as well. That means every resident must enter and exit by foot or bicycle! Should really help with the pedestrian activation around that area.

Old Posted Yesterday, 8:24 PM

Quote:
Not the sexiest development, but 1317 Grand is a terrific example of how we can make housing more affordable, livable, urban, and interesting. This is what I hope becomes of the Fashion District.

The building, with 147 units, is a mere 50 feet wide along Grand and covers approximately 9,400 SF. Extrapolating that to one square mile and assuming one person per unit, that yields a density of nearly 436,000 per square mile. It just goes to show you how much of a waste parking podiums are.
These should be the standard for new developments from DTLA to Hollywood. Imagine the pedestrian activity.

Compare this to the Venice Dell project in Venice... which has a similar 140 units... on 10 times as much land area. Insanity!

Old Posted Today, 5:00 PM

Old Posted Today, 5:10 PM

Quote:

SeanPavonePhoto/Adobe Stock

Los Angeles is home to about 86 Am Law 100 firms that lease a combined 4.5 million square feet, JLL reported. San Francisco is not far behind, with 74 Am Law 100 practices occupying 4.8 million square feet. But San Francisco office vacancy hit a record high of 32.4% through the first quarter of this year, JLL found. In Los Angeles, commercial leasing is down 20% in the last two consecutive quarters.

But law firms looking to enter California are increasingly less interested in setting up shop in downtown areas. Historically, this wasn’t the case. Downtown LA remains a central hub for transit commuters and close proximity to a swath of financial firms that still operate downtown and could be clientele. And despite high vacancy rates, rents remain elevated.

“There’s a bit of a belief that the power epicenter for Los Angeles business has shifted west,” Bender said. “Downtown is still Downtown, and still has a number of firms that are committed to it.”

Old Posted Today, 5:13 PM

Quote:

Apartments.com
I love this development. Simple design, lots of units, doesn't gobble up the whole block. There are so many narrow lots in that area that could be converted to this. Imagine 20 more of these scale developments downtown. Thats 3,000 more units of housing thats on the more affordable end. Its not the scale of place that works for everyone but for thousands of people thats all they need for now.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations