HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Yesterday, 9:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunt55 View Post
Overwhelmed by crime and homelessness? Not even remotely... you are clueless. Please don't respond when you are clearly uninformed. Sure, Charlotte has it's issues, but not overwhelmed.

The CMPD along with local and state officials have done an amazing job when compared to other cities with comparable size and demographics. I feel Charlotte is a rare case where both parties work toward the common good of the people and the city as a whole.
Yes I’m uninformed as I’m not familiar with the issues in your city but I feel like every major city has its issues especially after Covid. You can go to the safest city in the world somewhere in Asia and they still have issues. But anyway I’d be proud of my mayor and governor if I had them in my city/state. Vi Lyles and Roy Cooper are very talented and competent leaders something lacking in a lot states/cities

Old Posted Yesterday, 9:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetteking View Post
Yes I’m uninformed as I’m not familiar with the issues in your city but I feel like every major city has its issues especially after Covid. You can go to the safest city in the world somewhere in Asia and they still have issues. But anyway I’d be proud of my mayor and governor if I had them in my city/state. Vi Lyles and Roy Cooper are very talented and competent leaders something lacking in a lot states/cities
@vetteking... that response was not meant for you. I commented separately to you.

Quote:
Well said...
Disregard that last response I thought you were referring to me but yeah Hunt55 issues are everywhere and all the leaders can do is find a bandaid because these issues were going on for centuries.i don’t think we’ll ever solve homelessness because President Reagan end mental healthcare and closed mental institutions not saying all homeless people are mental ill (I myself am mentally ill). And crime is a direct result of survival from poverty something that is ignored because we live in a capitalist society. I hope I live to see things get better but it’s doubtful

Quote:
@vetteking... that response was not meant for you. I commented separately to you.
Oh ok just saw it sorry

Old Posted Yesterday, 9:51 PM

Quote:
Overwhelmed by crime and homelessness? Not even remotely... you are clueless. Please don't respond when you are clearly uninformed. Sure, Charlotte has it's issues, but not overwhelmed.

The CMPD along with local and state officials have done an amazing job when compared to other cities with comparable size and demographics. I feel Charlotte is a rare case where both parties work toward the common good of the people and the city as a whole.
You’re the clueless one.

Tryon St is like the Wild West. The amount of crime and homelessness for such a small city is ridiculous.

https://www.wcnc.com/article/news/cr...f-d5df9cd086d9

Old Posted Yesterday, 9:54 PM

Queensbridge Office Tower

Quick update - The office tower is supposed to start late 3rd Qtr this year. I heard the design (height) may increase.

Quote:
I recently saw an update on the Queensbridge residential tower and the new height will be 556'. If this holds, The Vue will remain the tallest residential tower in Charlotte at 576'.

[IMG]http://[url=https://flic.kr/p/2q2QJJu][/url]Untitled by Steve Hunt, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]http://[url=https://flic.kr/p/2q2QJJj][/url]Untitled by Steve Hunt, on Flickr[/IMG]

Old Posted Yesterday, 9:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiND View Post
You’re the clueless one.

Tryon St is like the Wild West. The amount of crime and homelessness for such a small city is ridiculous.

https://www.wcnc.com/article/news/cr...f-d5df9cd086d9
I live uptown, I walk the streets everyday. Come visit, i'll be glad to give you a tour. One of the top cities in the country that people are moving too... i guess everyone wants to experience the Wild West!

Back to the amazing development Charlotte is experiencing!

Last edited by Hunt55; Yesterday at 10:58 PM.

Old Posted Yesterday, 10:42 PM

Quote:
I live uptown, I walk the streets everyday. Come visit, i'll be glad to give you a tour. One of the top cities in the country that people are moving too... i guess everyone wants to experience the Wild West!

Back to the amazing development Charlotte is experiencing!

This is true Charlotte is what’s popping in the South. It’s growth is only outpaced by Dallas and Houston. I also have friends who have moved there

Old Posted Today, 12:16 AM

At last check South Carolina is the fastest growing state in the nation and I’ll bet a major part of that is Charlotte which straddles the NC/SC border.

We do have a crime problem.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations