HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Transportation

Old Posted Sep 9, 2024, 5:13 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

wat ??? !!!

Gov. Hochul says NY has ‘successfully’ funded the MTA for over a century. Huh?

more:
https://gothamist.com/news/gov-hochu...-a-century-huh

Old Posted Sep 9, 2024, 5:33 PM
just a pool of mushy goo

Yeah that's some tone-deaf revisionist history. The subway system was basically near full collapse 40 years ago. That doesn't happen to a "successfully" funded agency. and that's before you acknowledge the subway and commuter RR's have essentially been locked in amber in terms of even modest expansion.

Trumpism is the road to ruin

Old Posted Sep 12, 2024, 5:57 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

meh —

Gov. Hochul wants to lower congestion pricing from $15. The process could take years.

By Stephen Nessen
Published Sep 11, 2024

As the MTA’s congestion pricing scheme remains in limbo, state officials are mulling a simple question about the price of the Manhattan tolls: how low can they go?

Since Gov. Kathy Hochul slammed the brakes on the program in June, she’s said the $15 base charge approved by the MTA “was too much for New Yorkers at this time."

MTA officials arrived at the price after years of research and an exhaustive federal review process. The figure also complies with a 2019 state law that requires congestion pricing to bring in $1 billion a year for the MTA’s construction department. But experts warned that amending the fee structure could reboot a bureaucratic process that might kill any chance that the tolls will launch in the near future.

Michael Gerrard, a Columbia Law School professor and director of the Sabin Center for Climate Change Law, said Hochul would have a relatively straightforward path if she dropped the base fare to $9, because the MTA previously studied that price as part of the program’s environmental review. Any price lower than that could lead to major speed bumps.

more:
https://gothamist.com/news/gov-hochu...uld-take-years

Old Posted Yesterday, 1:52 AM
cle/west village/shaolin

yikes —

MTA needs up to $92B for transit upgrades, maintenance through 2029, report says

more:
https://gothamist.com/news/mta-needs...29-report-says

Old Posted Today, 2:33 AM
Greetings from New Jersey

Its been a while since my last Subway Photo dump...heres the last 2 months

I have the Car all to Myself

An Empty Clean Broad Channel bound Shuttle Train at the Rockaway Park-116th Street Station

Superhero Responds

Superhero Responds by artist Katherine Bradford at the 1st Avenue Station in Manhattan,New York

A Manhattan Bound L Train departing Broadway Junction Station

Brooklyn, New Morning by artist Al Loving at the Broadway Junction Station concourse

The Broadway Junction Station J Train Platform

2 R211 A trains meeting on Subway Island on Jamaica Bay in Queens,New York

A Rare opening of the South Channel swing bridge in Queens,New York

An A train crossing the South Channel swing bridge

2 Rockaway Park Shuttle trains meeting on the trestle approach to the South Channel swing bridge

A Slight bend in the center track at Whitehall Street Station in Lower Manhattan,New York

Carroll Street Station in Carroll Gardens section of Brooklyn,New York

Life Underground by artist Tom Otterness at the 14th Street station Platform

The 14th Street Mosaic Tile signage on the IRT Seventh Ave-Broadway Line

An Empty B train approaching the last stop at Brighton Beach

Coney Island–Stillwell Avenue Station, One of the largest elevated terminal stations in the world, hosting 4 different lines across 8 tracks.

My Coney Island Baby by artist Robert Wilson at the Coney Island - Stillwell Ave Station

A Manhattan Bound D train waiting for departure at Coney Island - Stillwell Ave Station in Brooklyn,New York

The Q train upper Level at West Eighth Street–New York Aquarium station in Coney Island

A Mets-Willets Point Bound 7 train departing the Steinway Tunnel in Long Island City

An Eastbound 7 train entering a curve on the elevated viaduct near Courts Square Station

Old Posted Today, 9:39 PM
cle/west village/shaolin

^ nice pix.

the ‘new’ bway junction el shed always carches my eye.

as for the w14st station, when they rehabbed it and put the otterness statues in i was repulsed. they are all cutesy and lightly subversive and all that … until you come to find out the guy literally made a short artsy video of shooting a dog to death to gain his early art world clout. so it was my home station and i had to look at that almost every dam day heading off to work. ef that guy.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Transportation