HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Old Posted May 24, 2024, 6:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadandMarket View Post
Wow Septa opened the lower level of the BSL at NRG last night after the Phillies games? They ran express trains apparently from there. To my knowledge they haven't used this platform in 10+ years?

https://x.com/bicycleriiights/status...59073653895297
I’ve never actually seen it in use and I’ve been here since 2007? I remember wondering why they didn’t open it up during the Phillies parade in ‘08. There were 1mm people on Broad Street and the subway platforms were 40 people deep. If they weren’t going to use it for that I figured they’d never open it up again…

Old Posted May 24, 2024, 6:59 PM
build awesome buildings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londonee View Post
I’ve never actually seen it in use and I’ve been here since 2007? I remember wondering why they didn’t open it up during the Phillies parade in ‘08. There were 1mm people on Broad Street and the subway platforms were 40 people deep. If they weren’t going to use it for that I figured they’d never open it up again…
i hope there is a guerilla team of engineering nerds who just sneak into infrastructure in the middle of the night and take care of the things Philly won't...

...though if there was a group like that, they'd probably be on this board already.

Old Posted Yesterday, 1:23 PM

So much action around 2nd and Spring Garden, the whole area will feel completely different soon

Old Posted Yesterday, 5:43 PM

^ Everything down Spring Garden and onto Del Ave is on fire. They need to keep the higher density going and let everything between Vine and Spring Garden stay 10+ stories. I’m actually surprised we haven’t seen any 30+ stories proposals make it to build yet given the housing shortage.

Old Posted Yesterday, 6:45 PM
Philly Pholly

Mayor Parker thinks Philly can learn something from the Atlanta Braves — about mixed-use development

the Battery by , on Flickr

Clout suggested to the mayor that the Battery looks an awful lot like the Comcast Spectacor proposal for South Philly.
She didn’t disagree.

“Where you stand on the issue depends on where you sit,” she said.
“Where I sit, I want to see as much economic opportunity as possible here in the city of Philadelphia, so I don’t view projects as competing against one another.”

https://www.inquirer.com/politics/cl...-20240524.html

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development