HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland

Old Posted Jul 8, 2024, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife View Post
Where is the new library going to go? I thought they were just gonna build a new one where the old one exists now.
2025 NW Overton St

Old Posted Jul 9, 2024, 4:00 PM

Quote:
Why DoveLewis emergency veterinary hospital is doubling in size and adding specialty care

DoveLewis Veterinary Emergency & Specialty Hospital completed a major expansion in late 2019, just before the Covid-19 pandemic sent pet ownership soaring.

The 24/7 pet ER found itself, once again, running short on space.

Now the practice is poised to more than double its footprint, with a brand new building under construction across from its flagship clinic on Northwest Pettygrove Street in Portland’s Slabtown neighborhood.

When the expansion is complete this fall, DoveLewis will be one of the largest veterinary hospitals in the U.S. outside of a university setting — a fitting milestone for the first emergency animal hospital in the country, founded in 1973.

“It’s an interesting time to go through an expansion, coming off the heels of the pandemic,” Ron Morgan, president and CEO of DoveLewis, said in an interview last week. “This building solidifies our future here for decades.”
...continues at the Porltand Business Journal ($).

www.twitter.com/maccoinnich

Old Posted Jul 9, 2024, 10:38 PM
A before E

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxsg34 View Post
Oh, interesting location. I can see why they would want the main entrance facing the future park...whenever that gets built. Though with such an interesting location, I do wonder why not do a gallery building with entrances on both sides of the building?

Old Posted Jul 9, 2024, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife View Post
Oh, interesting location. I can see why they would want the main entrance facing the future park...whenever that gets built. Though with such an interesting location, I do wonder why not do a gallery building with entrances on both sides of the building?
It won't face the park, though, it's about mid-block (actually directly across from the current Dove Lewis building, closer to 19th than 20th).

Old Posted Jul 10, 2024, 2:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvpcvm View Post
It won't face the park, though, it's about mid-block (actually directly across from the current Dove Lewis building, closer to 19th than 20th).
I believe the property fronts both Overton and Pettygrove, and from the NW Examiner article it sounds like they switched the entry from Overton to Pettygrove so the library can face the park in the future, which aligns with the entry rendering: https://multcolib.org/multnomah-coun...ocation-june-5

Old Posted Jul 10, 2024, 3:16 PM

The new Dove Lewis building is across from the existing. The new library will directly face the park.

Old Posted Jul 16, 2024, 9:18 PM

Quote:
After seven years, a multifamily building opens

Officially, the real estate investors, architects and construction executives who gathered in Northwest Portland last week came together to celebrate the opening of Merx, a 126-unit mixed-use building.

But in a sense, they were celebrating the last breath of the pre-pandemic real estate cycle.

Merx was conceived in 2017, before COVID-19 delayed projects around the nation and sent construction prices spiraling by making everything from loans to concrete more expensive.

“We started this process seven years ago, so the landscape was somewhat different,” said project co-owner Richard Smith, founder of Deacon Development. He undertook the project with Steve Deacon, founder and board chairman of Deacon Construction. The two are longtime colleagues — Smith was Deacon Construction’s first full-time hire in 1982 as project engineer.

Merx, at 1910 N.W. Pettygrove St., was part of a wave of projects submitted just before Portland’s inclusionary zoning rules took effect, requiring affordable units in apartment buildings of 20 units or more. The property was purchased for $2.55 million in October 2017.

Deacon Construction began construction of the 57,412-square-foot building in August 2022, enduring pandemic-related disruptions and workforce challenges, a historic ice storm and delivery delays of construction materials.
...continues at the DJC.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland