HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Jun 17, 2024, 7:43 PM

delete; dup post

Old Posted Jun 17, 2024, 7:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozabald View Post
SFO and IAD as gaps as well? DTW perhaps?

And if you are going to call a place a "sh!thole", at least visit it once.
Right back at you.

Old Posted Jun 17, 2024, 8:06 PM

Ottawa has a significant amount of high-level business and political traffic. Meaning high revenue. And is a short hop from many large east coast hubs. What doesn’t make sense is why it hasn’t been served by more US carriers - it should be first in line.

Edmonton has a stronger economic link to Texas than Winnipeg. I would put it far sooner to get a DFW route than YWG. And even so, although AA has a long history of YYC service it doesn’t with YEG. I’d put YEG-IAH as being just as likely, possibly depending on which carrier can free up capacity to be there first, AA or UA.

AA served YWG-ORD for about 12 months in 1995/1996, with 1/2 full loads. A lot has changed since then. Some things look up, others, like not having any Canadi>n Airlines feed or loyalty, not so much. If the question is whether there is a chance of AA being here in a decade, yes there is a chance, but maybe 50/50. If it is whether it is likely in the next year or two, maybe 1 in 10.

The Covid bounceback has happened. Going forward looks more steady, moderate growth. And the rate capacity can be absorbed is relevant. As you have pointed out, ATL loads may take time to build.

I would caution that looking over the fence at everyone else isn’t a recipe for what is right for (insert any city’s name).

Last edited by Myst; Jun 17, 2024 at 8:31 PM.

Old Posted Jun 17, 2024, 8:33 PM

Anyone hear anything about when Stella’s will reopen? A peek around the corner of the wall looks like the taking apart phase is done, but the actual renovation part just starting…

Old Posted Jun 17, 2024, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justanothermember View Post
Right back at you.
Been to Winnipeg many times; or perhaps I live here?!? And I've been to Tijuana as well. Much safer walking the tourist area of TIJ than walking around Portage and Main or anywhere in D/T Winnipeg.

Old Posted Jun 17, 2024, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myst View Post
Ottawa has a significant amount of high-level business and political traffic. Meaning high revenue. And is a short hop from many large east coast hubs. What doesn’t make sense is why it hasn’t been served by more US carriers - it should be first in line.

Edmonton has a stronger economic link to Texas than Winnipeg. I would put it far sooner to get a DFW route than YWG. And even so, although AA has a long history of YYC service it doesn’t with YEG. I’d put YEG-IAH as being just as likely, possibly depending on which carrier can free up capacity to be there first, AA or UA.

AA served YWG-ORD for about 12 months in 1995/1996, with 1/2 full loads. A lot has changed since then. Some things look up, others, like not having any Canadi>n Airlines feed or loyalty, not so much. If the question is whether there is a chance of AA being here in a decade, yes there is a chance, but maybe 50/50. If it is whether it is likely in the next year or two, maybe 1 in 10.

The Covid bounceback has happened. Going forward looks more steady, moderate growth. And the rate capacity can be absorbed is relevant. As you have pointed out, ATL loads may take time to build.

I would caution that looking over the fence at everyone else isn’t a recipe for what is right for (insert any city’s name).
You make a good point about AA serving YWG. Since there would be minimal feed traffic as there are no One World airlines, is there enough O&D traffic for a YWG-DFW route; or connecting passengers through DFW. It would be interesting to see the load factor and yield on FAR-DFW.

You are right about YOW. It's a victim of its geography. Many Ottawa travellers opt for YUL; which is under 2 hours away. Plus federal government travel is not back to pre-pandemic levels; which hurts YOW immensely.

Old Posted Jun 17, 2024, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Been to Winnipeg many times; or perhaps I live here?!? And I've been to Tijuana as well. Much safer walking the tourist area of TIJ than walking around Portage and Main or anywhere in D/T Winnipeg.
That's how I know you're not from Winnipeg and if you are you haven't left Lindenwoods in like 15 years lol.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2024, 1:22 AM

Quote:
It would be interesting to see the load factor and yield on FAR-DFW.
FAR handled about 1,000,000 passengers last year.

YWG handled 320,000 US passengers last year. Although 500,000/year is roughly the current pace.

FAR has service to Minneapolis, Chicago, Denver, Dallas, Las Vegas, Nashville, Phoenix, Orlando, and St. Petersburg. YWG has all of that except Dallas and St. Petersburg, but also has Los Angeles, Atlanta, Fort Lauderdale, and Palm Springs. To me that implies the market has to grow more (larger equipment / more frequency on existing service) before there is enough demand for DFW.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2024, 1:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FactaNV View Post
That's how I know you're not from Winnipeg and if you are you haven't left Lindenwoods in like 15 years lol.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan