HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Sep 21, 2024, 3:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydraY View Post
Google Maps has no idea how to deal with St. Mary's Overpass
I think it's been fixed.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2024, 6:50 PM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

Also to note those pudles on that bridge at 5-8inches deep taring into the wood deck if u didnt slow done u will damage ur car this bridge is a ongoing constant mess of cold pack patches that fail everytime it rains

Old Posted Sep 22, 2024, 5:15 PM

After 1ajs mentioned the Lynn Lake bridge myself and others did some research on the Northern Road network. With some design, demographic, and construction ideas. Super top level.

It's a big project that needs clever ideas to slash costs. But it's kind of quietly in motion. Curious if others have better ideas, local knowledge, or prioritization ideas based off the data.

https://stroadz.glide.page/dl/d0a5f4...wDVOR7QuUQQ3fq

Old Posted Sep 22, 2024, 11:38 PM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

thatsa central mb and needs roads bad. proper survays need be done as these winter roads dont tend to fallow the eskers and hard ground witch plagues the 394 with its areas that are at water level in the swamps and its closed most of the time cause theres no one to keep up with maintince and the provinces wount pay to build it back up since it goes into sask

Old Posted Sep 23, 2024, 2:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ajs View Post
its the longest free standing bridge in manitoba as well

and for the last several yrs theres been a slated next year for rehab posting on their map but nothings ever happend such poor planning with the mine about to start construction........ and the supper B's of lime that come up all summer and still comming up atm
IIRC that one is being replaced. Or rehab. There was an RFP some time ago for engineering work on a major bridge in the north and I thought it was that one.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2024, 10:13 PM

I see the Lynn Lake bridge issue made the 5pm CTV news.

I thought only the Free Press had somebody peeking in here from time to time for news ideas?

Old Posted Sep 24, 2024, 12:45 AM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
IIRC that one is being replaced. Or rehab. There was an RFP some time ago for engineering work on a major bridge in the north and I thought it was that one.
Been discussion ongoing with that bridge and rfp's going back a few years now. Rakowski won a bid to tare it down i was told by tristen but never happened. Few years back as part of a replacement rfp that never made it past design.

And to add to the issue Highways is short staffed. And they only have access to cold pack stock pile thats getting to be 2 yrs old now i beleave so its not holding up as well specialy when we get rain. And untill the waters gone from that mess it aint going to fix anything were getting closer and closer to frost season been a warm september

Ill be driving over that bridge tomarroww so ill get a first hand look at this. That bridge is an ongoing constant cat and mouse game of patching for the crew

Old Posted Sep 24, 2024, 1:10 AM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

Quote:
Originally Posted by cllew View Post
I see the Lynn Lake bridge issue made the 5pm CTV news.

I thought only the Free Press had somebody peeking in here from time to time for news ideas?

It was all over fb since last week as well and someone localy may of contacted ctvy

Old Posted Sep 25, 2024, 1:12 AM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

Crew patched it with cold pack in the rain was already crumbing when i drove back to lynn

Old Posted Sep 27, 2024, 2:28 AM
Heart of the Continent

Why are they redoing Highway 10 from Brandon to Highway 25 already?

Old Posted Sep 27, 2024, 5:30 AM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmt18325 View Post
Why are they redoing Highway 10 from Brandon to Highway 25 already?
prolly done wrong?

like 391 from thompson to nelson house where its falling apart and its only 3 4 yrs old

Old Posted Sep 27, 2024, 7:04 PM
Go Tall or Go Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carboy15 View Post
I personally think Highway 16 and 1 need an interchange way more than this. But an interchange should get built there soon. I wish Canada would come up with a National Freeway System analogous to the Interstate or Autobahn. A federally funded Highway system. Yes, we have the National Highway system, but what the heck is that? It has no national standards at all. Canadian Highways are still in the US Route days (like Route 66). Ontario 400 Highways and Autoroutes of Quebec don't count as a National Freeway system. We need it Nationwide
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDog204 View Post
Agreed.

I mean we have one friggin coast-to-coast highway, and we can't even fully twin it, let alone, make it a limited-access freeway. We're supposed to be one of the richest countries in the World. Considering the terrain the the TCH passes through, and the need to safely transport goods and cargo, one would think this would ahve been completed in the 1960's.
Agreed x2.
I feel the same frustration with this.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2024, 7:46 PM
There is always a way

Quote:
Originally Posted by craner View Post
Agreed x2.
I feel the same frustration with this.
Ditto.

The reason that roads are the jurisdiction of the provinces is the constitution of canada (or at least that would be what is cited to justify letting the provinces take care of their own roads). In reality, at least one system should be federally mandated as rising to the level of national importance (an exception to the rule that property and civil rights or matters of local import are the exclusive jurisdiction of the provinces). I can imagine that the government of Canada should identify a core system of critical trade routes as being of national importance (including at least one contiguous coast to coast corridor) and take the steps necessary to get it done. I believe we are the only G7 country that does not have some form of national expressway system.
Federalist #10, James Madison

Old Posted Sep 28, 2024, 12:07 AM
Heart of the Continent

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ajs View Post
prolly done wrong?

like 391 from thompson to nelson house where its falling apart and its only 3 4 yrs old
Doesn't seem to be falling apart to me. Maybe it's part of the program to increase load limits? The same will happen to 227 that was just redone west of PTH 6.

Old Posted Sep 28, 2024, 12:08 AM

In addition to nationalizing the TCH, and pre-designated trade corridor should be established at the Federal Level. All land agreements, routes, and royalties pre-negotiated.

Say 2km wide. From BC tidewater deep into Sask/MB. Or even cross Canada.

If any pipeline, powerline, rail line, data line, highway, or any other trade medium wants to build; it gets rubber stamp approval. No protests or permissions because everything is pre-agreed.

Just keep stacking lines inside this corridor.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan