HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Sep 26, 2024, 9:06 AM

The ABJ lists this as a gold tower. That would be cool to have a golden tower back in Austins skyline.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2024, 6:20 PM

I hope it is gold, but the renderings make the facade look more tan/stucco/stone than gold. You can see that there are gold accents on the podium, and they contrast with what appears to be the material used in the tower portion.

Altogether, much like 6xG, this tower is somehow both unique and distinct without being all that interesting. They're just frankenstein chimeras cobbling together on-trend design elements, so that as a whole they don't really look like anything else, but because all the various parts are so familiar, and there's no clear theme tying them together, they're forgettable. I don't hate it, they still improve the skyline, but I wish there was a clearer design motif going on. Compare to the nearby Indy or the 360 -- both buildings I could draw from memory and are easily recognized in illustrations. This and 6x have so much going on that I couldn't imagine drawing their silhouette from memory -- they'd just come out as jumbled scribbles.

Last edited by myBrain; Sep 26, 2024 at 6:35 PM.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2024, 6:39 PM
JACKinBeantown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverranchdrone View Post
The ABJ lists this as a gold tower. That would be cool to have a golden tower back in Austins skyline.
I'd agree that it looks beige in the renderings. It certainly doesn't appear to be gold, unless the renderings are way off, which I doubt.

It would fit right in with this group of nondescript apartment buildings on the lower upper west side of Manhattan. (View it in Globe mode. I don't know why Google doesn't make it automatically appear that way.)
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Mo...oASAFQAw%3D%3D

Or pretty much anywhere on the upper east side.

Weird as it may seem, I think the wall is the most interesting thing about this design. At least it's not just a plain wall. It's nothing great, but at least it has something happening on it. All the other sides of the building are just repetitive windows and balconies from top to bottom starting at the blank black garage podium. No setbacks, no crown, nothing to break up the monotony of floor after floor of the same layout. At least at night the residential lighting will add to the "Honeymooners Effect."

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/M-Fc22RiqHk/hqdefault.jpg

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin