HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Yesterday, 3:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
I categorically disagree. This is an irresponsible and erroneous position to take. What a ridiculous black and white statement.

Do you honestly think that Jewish people that are against the Israeli occupation of Gaza are also "pro Hamas"?
Are they chanting from the River to the Sea and asking for Isreal to withdraw and hand full control of Gaza (and more) to Hamas? If so yes they are pro Hamas.

Old Posted Yesterday, 3:42 PM

When think about Oct 7, I think about all the WW II movies where the nazi’s forcibly enter Jewish homes and rip families out of their homes and murder the innocent people, rape the women, beat the people and steal the belongings. Next time you watch a WW II movie that depicts those scenes, equate that to Oct 7.

When I think about the horror that is happening in Gaza, I think about the destruction of Berlin, where the allies laid assault to the city to rid the continent of the plague called the Nazi’s, despite civilian Germans amongst the destruction. The world needs to rid itself of the terrorist plague known as Hamas.

Old Posted Yesterday, 3:49 PM
Unapologetic Occidental

Sadly, Hamas is clearly far more representative of Palestinians and their views than Netanyahu is of Israelis.

Just as an example there were massive anti-Netanyahu demonstrations in Israeli cities before Oct. 7 and there have also been continued protests against him since Oct. 7.

Look very very hard and see if you can find anything remotely similar that's anti-Hamas in Gaza, either before or after Oct. 7.

Old Posted Yesterday, 3:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackslack View Post
When think about Oct 7, I think about all the WW II movies where the nazi’s forcibly enter Jewish homes and rip families out of their homes and murder the innocent people, rape the women, beat the people and steal the belongings. Next time you watch a WW II movie that depicts those scenes, equate that to Oct 7.

When I think about the horror that is happening in Gaza, I think about the destruction of Berlin, where the allies laid assault to the city to rid the continent of the plague called the Nazi’s, despite civilian Germans amongst the destruction. The world needs to rid itself of the terrorist plague known as Hamas.
This analogy breaks down rather quickly. Whatever you think about either side one side isn't peacfully living their lives and the other wants to exterminate them for no reason. They are fighting over the same plot of land and we can argue about the tactics of either side but neither are animals or genocidal or irredeemable as a group. As such Canada should mostly stay out of it supporting peace where we can.

Old Posted Yesterday, 4:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOWetal View Post
This analogy breaks down rather quickly. Whatever you think about either side one side isn't peacfully living their lives and the other wants to exterminate them for no reason. They are fighting over the same plot of land and we can argue about the tactics of either side but neither are animals or genocidal or irredeemable as a group. As such Canada should mostly stay out of it supporting peace where we can.
The Gaza war is not fighting for the same plot of land. Israel withdrew from Gaza almost 20 years ago.

Old Posted Yesterday, 4:27 PM
I ♣ Baby Seals

In an identical repeat of what happened with Black Lives Matter, the incident at Toronto Pride has led to St. John's Pride inviting Palestine Action YYT (which is basically entirely local white people, BTW) to lead our Pride Parade. Their conditions included banning corporate sponsors on the BDS or whatever it's called list, so it's all a shambles. Local white people on every side of the issue yelling at each other on behalf of people they somehow feel entitled to represent. I'm not complaining as such, because I do appreciate how passionately, authentically leftist we are, but holy fuck it's annoying sometimes. Not conservative-level annoying. But annoying.

Old Posted Yesterday, 4:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acottawa View Post
The Gaza war is not fighting for the same plot of land. Israel withdrew from Gaza almost 20 years ago.
Hamas does not want to settle just for Gaza. And in fairness who would.

They didn't attack on Oct 7 to get full control of Gaza. That was easily obtainable in a peace deal. They want somwhere to control terriroty somehwere between all of Gaza and West Bank (including settlements and Jeruseulum) and all of Isreal.

Old Posted Yesterday, 5:34 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acottawa View Post
until they went back into Gaza and destroyed it.

At least half of Gaza's buildings damaged or destroyed, new analysis shows

Quote:
Now, satellite data analysis obtained by the BBC shows the true extent of the destruction. The analysis suggests between 144,000 and 175,000 buildings across the whole Gaza Strip have been damaged or destroyed. That's between 50% and 61% of Gaza's buildings.
Where are the estimated 2,375,259 Palestinian inhabitants in Gaza supposed to live? How are they supposed to support and feed themselves?

The long and bitter relationship between Israel's Benjamin Netanyahu and Hamas

Quote:
"Obviously, there is no love lost between Netanyahu and Hamas," said Khaled Elgindy with the Middle East Institute in Washington.

They may be sworn enemies, yet they also kind of need each other. On multiple occasions, the hardline policies of one have been used to the advantage of the other.

"Hamas became useful to Netanyahu as a way to ensure that a cohesive Palestinian leadership did not emerge, and therefore there couldn't be a Palestinian state," said Elgindy.

In turn, Hamas has never negotiated with Israel and benefits from Netanyahu's recurring security crackdowns against Palestinians, said Nathan Brown.

Last edited by MolsonExport; Yesterday at 5:50 PM.

Old Posted Yesterday, 6:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SignalHillHiker View Post
In an identical repeat of what happened with Black Lives Matter, the incident at Toronto Pride has led to St. John's Pride inviting Palestine Action YYT (which is basically entirely local white people, BTW) to lead our Pride Parade. Their conditions included banning corporate sponsors on the BDS or whatever it's called list, so it's all a shambles. Local white people on every side of the issue yelling at each other on behalf of people they somehow feel entitled to represent. I'm not complaining as such, because I do appreciate how passionately, authentically leftist we are, but holy fuck it's annoying sometimes. Not conservative-level annoying. But annoying.
I think that to this day, “the St. John’s BLM Chapter” is still Acajack’s go-to example of a woketarian laughingstock

How many blacks does the Royal Newfoundland Constabulary gun down per year on average? Inquiring minds want to know…

Old Posted Yesterday, 6:43 PM
I ♣ Baby Seals

Quote:
Originally Posted by lio45 View Post
I think that to this day, “the St. John’s BLM Chapter” is still Acajack’s go-to example of a woketarian laughingstock

How many blacks does the Royal Newfoundland Constabulary gun down per year on average? Inquiring minds want to know…
I agree our passion was misplaced, so I'm not coming at your comment full stop...

...but I expect local non-white people have had to deal with some shit from the police. And while we haven't had a lot of killings, I mean 50% of the police killings that I know about from the past few years are black people. One of two.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfo...sirt-1.6873363

Old Posted Yesterday, 9:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOWetal View Post
You want zero students? I think a 3 year moratorium would make sense with a urgent build residents plan. But it's a good business overall we shouldn't let whither completely just because we've screwed up the inplementation.

Should we get rid of foreign tourists too. They are using up hotel rooms and airbnbs.
Then let the colleges be forced to build (not buy existing) housing for foreign students if they want their cash so bad. And ban international students from owning Canadian property, something Trudeau purposely left a loophole for.

Old Posted Yesterday, 10:17 PM

My thoughts on the carbon tax changed over time.

Inflation and Interest rates has caused an affordability crisis, and that is top of mind for voters.

Also, the green transition is not happing fast enough. We are going to need oil and gas for the foreseeable future.

Electric vehicles are too expensive, and we don't have the infrastructure to support a mass rollout.

I heard the cost of rolling out the electric vehicle infrastructure like charging stations is 20 billion dollars.

Old Posted Yesterday, 10:26 PM

^ Holy shit lol. Better late than never I guess.

Old Posted Yesterday, 10:31 PM
I ♣ Baby Seals

My ancestral village. Let's go, QUIDI VIDI!

Quote:
The government of Canada and the City of St. John’s to announce an important step to advance the creation of a national urban park in St. John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador

Media advisory

July 4, 2024

The Honourable Steven Guilbeault, Minister of Environment and Climate Change Canada and Minister responsible for Parks Canada, together with His Worship Danny Breen, Mayor of St. John’s, will make an announcement to advance the creation of a national urban park in St. John’s.

Please note that this advisory is subject to change without notice.

The details are as follows:

Date: July 8, 2024
Time: 2:00 p.m. NDT
10 Maple View Road
St. John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador

Members of the media can RSVP by contacting the Parks Canada media relations team at pc.media@pc.gc.ca.

-30-
I'm so excited. I don't even need to fight for this, if they make a park in Quidi Vidi, my family WILL be mentioned. It's inescapable. Half the population, two of the historic manors... we're getting this, baby! I can't wait to share whatever this is with Mom after it's announced.

Though, most of the family's old homes have been long since converted to other stuff. My great-great-grandfather's house, for example:

Last edited by SignalHillHiker; Today at 1:52 AM.

Old Posted Yesterday, 10:39 PM
Unapologetic Occidental

Quote:
Originally Posted by lio45 View Post

BLM Seoul Korea is even better, though admittedly St John's is pretty good too!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada