HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted May 29, 2024, 4:54 AM
Go kicky fast, okay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammon View Post
I agree. Arniel isn't my first choice, but we got sniped that first playoff round because Colorado was able to adapt and we didn't. That's why we lost. No analytics, no looking at the weaknesses of the other team and try to exploit that- we stuck to the same game plan the entire series. That's what did us in.
Arniel wasn't my first choice either, but after Bones laid down the foundation, along with the announcement and press conference on Monday, and of course, the firing of Brad Lauer, my confidence in him and the team has increased a bit.

Although with talks of Ehlers as trade bait, and some players like Dillon looking to play elsewhere come July 1st, I'm a tad nervous.

At the same time, we could finally see Heinola being in the line up permanently, and hopefully have a further look at Lambert and Salminen at Training Camp and maybe on Opening Night.

Now, I'm not so sure.

Old Posted May 29, 2024, 4:19 PM

Top talent is drafted. Crosby, McKinnon, on and on, McDavid, Drai, Auston Mattews, I'll stop now.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2024, 2:16 PM
What could go wrong?

It’s gotta be a kick in the teeth to Jets management when the coach they just lost 2 years ago has gone to the Stanley Cup Final 2 years in a row. Florida has a great team, but the Jets finished 4th in the league this year. We should have had a better fate than getting blown out of the first round.

It’s unfortunate that he easiest thing for a team to do is change coaches, and I understand that all coaches have a shelf life before their message gets stale. I guess what I am saying is that the management of the Jets and it’s players seems to be the big issue.

It got better after getting rid of Wheeler and PLD, but there is still some issue with effort and grit.

The Panthers work as hard as any team I have seen, much like the Hurricanes. The Av’s outworked us in every facet of the game. This is why we loose.
"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York

Old Posted Jun 2, 2024, 9:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biff View Post
It’s gotta be a kick in the teeth to Jets management when the coach they just lost 2 years ago has gone to the Stanley Cup Final 2 years in a row. Florida has a great team, but the Jets finished 4th in the league this year. We should have had a better fate than getting blown out of the first round.

It’s unfortunate that he easiest thing for a team to do is change coaches, and I understand that all coaches have a shelf life before their message gets stale. I guess what I am saying is that the management of the Jets and it’s players seems to be the big issue.

It got better after getting rid of Wheeler and PLD, but there is still some issue with effort and grit.

The Panthers work as hard as any team I have seen, much like the Hurricanes. The Av’s outworked us in every facet of the game. This is why we loose.
I tend to disagree. Paul Maurice was the second longest tenured coach in the NHL when he chose to step down. The Jets did not fire him, he chose to step down, as rumours of locker room dissent were rapid. The Jets were wise to have him as the head coach for 8 years.

With Bowness, it is all but certain that his health is the reason for his resignation. He is 69, had to take a month off this season, and probably was told by doctors to quit coaching,as it was bad for his health. I'm not very fond of Arniel as a replacement, but I guess we will have to see how it turns out.

I personally would love to see Maurice win a Stanley Cup. He deserves it.

Old Posted Jun 3, 2024, 1:04 PM
What could go wrong?

I think we actually agree.

I realize that he resigned. That in itself should have been a huge wake-up call to the Jets management. I like Maurice and hope he wins the cup as well. There is an issue in the room and they partially addressed it over the last two years.

My point is that the Jets had a really good team this year and shouldn't have been blown out in the first round.
"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York

Old Posted Jun 3, 2024, 1:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biff View Post

There's no participation ribbon for having the 4th best record in the regular season. It means nothing if that success cannot be replicated in the post-season.

Old Posted Jun 3, 2024, 2:34 PM
There is always a way

No shit. That's why people are complaining. Nobody cares about 'participation ribbons', the team should have played better. This is a normal complaint across any fanbase in any league.
Federalist #10, James Madison

Old Posted Jun 3, 2024, 2:48 PM

Maurice had to fire himself from a team that couldn't get it's shit together. Went to a team that got it's shit together and again is on the verge of a Cup.

Meanwhile in Winnipeg..

I'd prefer Maurice to win over Edmonton.

Old Posted Jun 3, 2024, 2:51 PM

I'm a homer for Canada this year, go Oilers go!

Old Posted Jun 3, 2024, 6:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post

I'd prefer Maurice to win over Edmonton.
Likewise.

"Naysayers are always predicting the present"-Anon.

"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength"-Eric Hoffer

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan