HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Old Posted Today, 2:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Duderino View Post
If people on this forum spent as much time cleaning up the streets as they did posting about cleaning up the streets, the entire city would be spotless by Thursday.
lol.

Old Posted Today, 3:16 PM

How many government programs have we seen receive increased funding with no appreciable difference in performance? PennDOT needs an intervention before we start throwing more money at it.

Old Posted Today, 3:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin7 View Post
When it comes to road damage, the increase in weight on an EV is a rounding error, and while EV drivers may not contribute to the gas tax they are saving the state orders of magnitude more in medical costs and climate damage mitigation. You're falling for oil industry propaganda.
I'm falling for oil industry propaganda? You have zero clue where i get my information -- and, side note, you made many assertions in your post with no backup. For work purposes I used to attend meetings of the National Governors Association (NGA), and their spinoffs the Democratic Governors Assocation (DGA) and the Republican Governors Association (RGA). Since the gas taxes in most states fund a huge amount of road maintenance, I was in NGA/DGA/RGA meetings at least ten years ago where panelists pointed out that state gas tax receipts would decline as the adoption of electric vehicles proceeded apace, and that ultimately the gas tax needed to migrate to a mileage of vehicles tax. I think the same points were made when years ago I also was attending meetings of the National Association of State Budget Officers (NASBO) but go ahead just disparage other posters about whom you know nothing.

Old Posted Today, 3:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin7 View Post
This is the Groundhog Day of internet forums.
Couldn't have put it better

Old Posted Today, 3:57 PM

Not sure if this is high rise or low rise since it's getting rid of some high rises, but a funding update on 46th and Market (the have more). I hope they can front Market Street with something nice. Has anyone seen mock ups?

https://www.westphillylocal.com/2024...deral-funding/

Old Posted Today, 4:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
Not sure if this is high rise or low rise since it's getting rid of some high rises, but a funding update on 46th and Market (the have more). I hope they can front Market Street with something nice. Has anyone seen mock ups?

https://www.westphillylocal.com/2024...deral-funding/
https://whyy.org/articles/philadelph...r-to-starting/

Unless things have changed since last year, all three towers should be getting rehabbed now. Initially 2 were to be demoed

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development