HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton

Old Posted Jul 15, 2024, 4:18 PM
Community Guy

Reference ID: Job No 519200059-002
Description: To install (2) Fascia Sign(s) limited to On-premises Advertising (Lloyd Sadd Insurance)
Plan 8021480 Blk 1 Lot B
Applicant: FIVE STAR PERMITS
Create Date: 2024-07-10T14:57:51Z
Neighbourhood: DOWNTOWN

--

Reference ID: Job No 519201980-002
Description: To construct exterior alterations to an Office building
Plan F Lots 47-50
Applicant: ACI ARCHITECTURE INC.
Create Date: 2024-07-10T15:03:38Z

----

Reference ID: Job No 492441658-012
Description: To revise the SCOPE OF the approved DP 492441658-012.
Plan 8221723 Lot A
10060 - JASPER AVENUE NW
Plan 8221723 Lot C
10060 - JASPER AVENUE NW
Plan 8221723 Lot B
Applicant: KASIAN ARCHITECTURE INTERIOR DESIGN AND PLANNING
Create Date: 2024-07-11T09:49:44Z

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Jul 16, 2024, 8:31 PM
Community Guy

Rumours that a German developer with post-secondary housing experience has put an offer in for the old Massey Ferguson lots on 106st from 103-104ave.

*crosses fingers.

Old Posted Yesterday, 2:50 PM
Community Guy

Last edited by Coldrsx; Yesterday at 4:22 PM.

Old Posted Yesterday, 5:08 PM
Community Guy

[IMG]
https://www.cmhc-schl.gc.ca/media-newsroom/news-releases/2024/housing-starts-june-2024[/IMG]

https://www.cmhc-schl.gc.ca/media-ne...arts-june-2024

Old Posted Yesterday, 8:27 PM
Community Guy

One12 Rental Tower - Sounds like the response to this building has been exceptional.

Expect to see some fantastic new additions to the area including:

-DeVille
-A ramen joint
​...more to come.

Old Posted Today, 2:14 PM
Urbis Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post
One12 Rental Tower - Sounds like the response to this building has been exceptional.

Expect to see some fantastic new additions to the area including:

-DeVille
-A ramen joint
​...more to come.
Sweet to see DeVille land in that area. I really think they could find a spot in the core.

Old Posted Today, 2:32 PM
Community Guy

The old Starbucks on Jasper/101 would be ideal.

Old Posted Today, 2:47 PM
Community Guy

Old Posted Today, 4:36 PM
Community Guy

Green Space AllianceGreen

Metro 78: Making Structural Changes Toward an Inclusive Edmonton

Metro 78, located just steps from the McKernan-Belgravia LRT Station, has reached a significant milestone with the approval of its development permit. This achievement underscores Pinto Properties' and the project team's dedication to bringing this project to life. It also highlights the perseverance of our partners, Keith McIntyre of Frank Hilbich Architect Inc., EFG Architects Inc., and the many other consultants involved.
Edmonton is committed to building a comprehensive LRT system. Many cities with similar goals have maximized the return on the billions of taxpayers' dollars invested by combining transportation and land use efficiencies. Metro 78 exemplifies these efficiencies at an underutilized LRT station.
Throughout the three-year rezoning process, Pinto Properties President Bryce Pinto and the project team, led by GSA’s Associate Principal Marcelo Figueira, worked tirelessly to enhance Metro 78. They prioritized built form over density, creating a car-free environment to promote equity in housing and transportation. The resulting two six-storey buildings reflect a design that best fits the site.
Metro 78 is designed to achieve a 20% reduction in energy consumption, provide subsidized transit passes for residents, and offer affordable rental units that meet CMHC’s criteria. This development represents incremental transit-oriented development (TOD) at a critical location, realizing the potential of TOD without the long wait associated with master planning large TOD areas.
Pinto Properties will also make significant contributions to the community, including designing and developing a new public plaza and a cash contribution to the redevelopment of Charles Simmonds Park.
The McKernan-Belgravia Area Redevelopment Plan (ARP) initially posed challenges to this project.
We received strong support from the general public reflecting a broad consensus on the need for a sustainable, inclusive TOD project. However, some viewed the ARP as a covenant between the community and City Council and argued against changes. However, the reality proved different, leading City Council to repeal the ARP in June 2024 to create room for the new District Plans.
With a new set of policies and zoning regulations, we now have a clear path forward, and future desirable projects like Metro 78 may not take years to be approved.
Metro 78 is about making structural changes and building an inclusive Edmonton. These are the real covenants we uphold.

https://www.linkedin.com/company/gre...PKCBbMdQ%3D%3D

Old Posted Today, 5:27 PM
A Better Place

Metro78 is a great project, hopefully they can get their BP issued before the end of the year so we can see some construction action before year end as well.

Old Posted Today, 6:33 PM
Urbis Maximus

It'll be a great project indeed. Let's goooo!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton