HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Transportation & Infrastructure

Old Posted Oct 6, 2024, 12:43 AM

Is there any updates on the china flights to Canada thought that was supposed to be announced soon?

Old Posted Oct 6, 2024, 3:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VancityAvgeek33 View Post
Is there any updates on the china flights to Canada thought that was supposed to be announced soon?
Quoting this comment that was posted on the YVR Spotters Facebook page earlier today.

Quote:
Got my reliable info that Canada and China has agreed to increase inbound traffic from China starting next IATA schedule in March next year. All Chinese carriers are allowed no more than 4 weekly frequencies. So far my understanding is that both CZ and MU would increase their YYZ frequencies, but not at YVR. CA, 3U, MF, and HU at YVR would increase to about 3 return flights per week.

Old Posted Oct 6, 2024, 5:39 AM

a question, please

Firstly, can anyone guess if/when MEL will come back? It would round out our Australia bank. Secondly, would Kuala Lumpur be a viable destination to have? I guess not, so close bettween Bangkok and Singapore.
And what about Jakarta? Again, I would doubt there would be a viable market from Vancouver, but it never hurts to ask. Thank you for you time and consideration.

Old Posted Oct 6, 2024, 8:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjakafi_81 View Post
Quoting this comment that was posted on the YVR Spotters Facebook page earlier today.
So it's delay till March now? The only thing I heard that it is likely won't be able to catch the Oct 27 start date, and I doubt AC would attempt to start a new route or increase frequency with only 3 weeks lead time... The Chinese airline though, will probably afford to fly some near-empty planes for a few weeks given the very short notice.

The increase of MU and CZ at YYZ was assume the increase starts in October, which obviously not enough time to open a new station with 3 weeks of preparation. Not sure if anything will change if they have 5 months to prepare. Although 1+3 or 2+2 doesn't really make that much sense either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trofirhen View Post
Firstly, can anyone guess if/when MEL will come back? It would round out our Australia bank. Secondly, would Kuala Lumpur be a viable destination to have? I guess not, so close bettween Bangkok and Singapore.
And what about Jakarta? Again, I would doubt there would be a viable market from Vancouver, but it never hurts to ask. Thank you for you time and consideration.
I think one of the reason AC was able to start BKK and SIN is because they are Star Alliance hub, so they are able to tap onto the onward feed provided by TG and SQ. KUL and CGK will be much harder, as they will be lower yielding long-thin route without any onward feed.

Old Posted Oct 6, 2024, 1:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nname View Post
I think one of the reason AC was able to start BKK and SIN is because they are Star Alliance hub, so they are able to tap onto the onward feed provided by TG and SQ. /// part 2 //> KUL and CGK will be much harder, as they will be lower yielding long-thin route without any onward feed.
Regarding KUL and CGK, your answer pretty much reflects what I thought would be the case. Apart from the different airline alliances there, there just isn't much of any onward feed traffic esp' from CGK.
Just too bad that BKK is seasonal and not year round. I wonder if and when year-round BKK service might happen. (Same thing with DXB, for that matter). Thank you for the clarification, by the way.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Transportation & Infrastructure