HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Today, 3:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croon View Post
This effort is a non-starter for me. GOP operative Matt Mackowiak is has put his name on this effort as a registered agent for Austin Baseball Commission LLC. Everything he touches is toxic.

I want MLB in Austin more than anyone else, but I wouldn't want to be in league with this guy, pun intended.

Long before RR Express came to fruition, I thought the Triangle field (once upon a time, undeveloped) at 45th and Lamar would have been a great spot.

The conceptual render for this latest thing reminds me of a corny real estate account on Instagram that started publishing bizarre AI renders of downtown.

I just don't see MLB in Austin being a realistic prospect and as long as we're talking about unrealistic visions, I'd prefer a stadium at the Statesman site with center field oriented at the northwest corner of the land, close to the bat viewing site, home plate gate entrance being near that Thom's Market (Riverside, just east of Congress). It would be situated by the proposed rail line crossing bridge from Rainey area over Town Lake to Riverside.
So you're going to 'cancel' MLB in Austin because one guy you disagree with politically is associated with it? Good grief, get a grip.

And you're going to put the batter/home plate looking into the setting summer sun? Great plan. Shows how much you know about baseball.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin