HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Yesterday, 9:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDartmouthMark View Post
C’mon, man, pick an argument and stick with it.
How is that not sticking with it… lol. the last time the liberals were elected the majority of people who voted for them were older people and women. Just look at the winnipeg river heights by election when they won a couple years ago. All rich old white people.

Old Posted Yesterday, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hecate View Post
How is that not sticking with it… lol. the last time the liberals were elected the majority of people who voted for them were older people and women. Just look at the winnipeg river heights by election when they won a couple years ago. All rich old white people.
Quite a sample size you have there. I’ll be sure to tell my Asian neighbours of your polling.

Old Posted Yesterday, 11:50 PM

Quote:
The Bloc motion on increasing OAS payment has passed, 181 to 143.

CPC, NDP, Bloc and Green MPs voted in favour, along with five Liberal MPs, Rene Arseneault, Serge Cormier
Wayne Long, Ken Macdonald and Mike Kelloway.

The rest of the Liberal caucus voted no #cdnpoli
https://x.com/Gray_Mackenzie/status/...St4xr8asw&s=09

But I was told the CPC will put young people first.....

Old Posted Yesterday, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreddog View Post
While I fully agree that this level of organization does not exist within the LPC, I also believe that some within the party think it does.
I find this confusing as I would expect that the CPC wants PMJT to lead the LPC into the election given his polling numbers and haven't heard anything to the contrary.
Serves me right for posting pre-coffee. What I meant to say is that all the other parties really want Trudeau at the helm when the election is called. It will drive whatever "Anybody but Conservative" (ABC) vote to them. For the CPC, Trudeau or anybody else makes no difference for final outcome. It's really a race for survival for the LPC. And for second place.

Old Posted Today, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truenorth00 View Post
https://x.com/Gray_Mackenzie/status/...St4xr8asw&s=09

But I was told the CPC will put young people first.....
Very disappointing. My personal silver lining hopium is that an OAS increase is paired with a big drop in the clawback thresholds to make it a net reduction in spending overall.

Interesting that all 5 of the Liberals who went against the whip on this one are all Atlantic MPs.
"It is only because the control of the means of production is divided among many people acting independently that nobody has complete power over us, that we as individuals can decide what to do with ourselves." - Friedrich Hayek

Old Posted Today, 12:53 AM

^ Without royal recommendation from the Liberals, the bill is going nowhere even with the motion passing with support from the NDP and Conservatives.

Old Posted Today, 1:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty_Mcfly View Post
^ Without royal recommendation from the Liberals, the bill is going nowhere even with the motion passing with support from the NDP and Conservatives.
The Liberals should just go ahead and pass it. Screw the conservatives, when they come in they can be the ones to cut it back in a years time.

The Liberals are the ones acting with fiscal restraint. Interesting.

Old Posted Today, 2:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOWetal View Post
The details are surmountable. He could prorougue in October annouce he will resign on Jan 1 Select a leader by Christmas Parties and they'd have till February to get Throne and proposed budget together.I don't see Simon standing up to that. Harper avoiding it to stay alive right after the election was more dubious.

But as you say there is no sign of any courage from caucus nor inclination he will leave without being pushed. I guess it's probably more courageous to stay and go down with the ship even if it's the wrong choice for party country etc.
I don’t see Simon approving a 5 month prorogation during an election year. It is way longer than any other prorogation.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada