HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jul 28, 2024, 11:03 PM
disneypilled verhoevenist

Just got back from Omaha - I'm there fairly often these days. Omaha is looking and feeling more and more like Dallas Jr. (in a good way). The amount of construction in the metro area makes it feel like a MUCH larger region.

BTW usually I stay downtown right in Old Market, if not midtown, and use the trail and pedestrian bridge across the river extensively. Old Market is great (Dallas doesnt really have this), I can walk everywhere I need to at the end of the day.

Old Posted Jul 29, 2024, 6:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centropolis View Post
Just got back from Omaha - I'm there fairly often these days. Omaha is looking and feeling more and more like Dallas Jr. (in a good way). The amount of construction in the metro area makes it feel like a MUCH larger region.

BTW usually I stay downtown right in Old Market, if not midtown, and use the trail and pedestrian bridge across the river extensively. Old Market is great (Dallas doesnt really have this), I can walk everywhere I need to at the end of the day.
Visited Omaha for the first time a few months ago; that park leading to the riverfront is fantastic. I was incredibly jealous. Klyde Warren park pales in comparison, and even the future harold simmons park will be a lesser approximation of what they have going. Like I said, very jealous!

Old Posted Aug 2, 2024, 6:07 PM

A new proposal for UNMC is a 400 ft tall facility call Project Health.

"The project, which would be the largest in university history, would provide more — and more modern — space where UNMC faculty and staff can train the next generation of health care providers, care for Nebraskans, conduct research and offer clinical trials, NU President Dr. Jeffrey Gold said Thursday.

Jennie Bartholomew, UNMC’s associate vice chancellor for facilities, estimated the facility will comprise 18 to 20 floors above and below ground, with 15 floors likely visible, and stand between 380 and 400 feet tall. At that height, it would be several floors taller than the Fred & Pamela Buffett Cancer Center."

https://omaha.com/news/local/busines...ome-the-latest

Old Posted Aug 8, 2024, 7:50 PM

The regents voted today to approve the new 400 ft tower for Project Health and President Gold had a 3D model of the tower that they showed the regents off screen. Jennie Bartholomew, UNMC’s associate vice chancellor for facilities, said they had just under a $1 billion in committed private funding already. They had a student regent discuss the need for this new facility and why Clarkson Tower is no longer feasible to use for students. This passed unanimously.

Starts at about 2:45:35
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPzEtoFnf5c

Old Posted Aug 9, 2024, 6:21 PM

Old Posted Aug 9, 2024, 6:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Walker View Post
Looks massive!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations