HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Aug 17, 2024, 3:54 PM
The Vomit Bag.

cut and dry

Old Posted Aug 17, 2024, 5:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rousseau View Post
Blimey. This is an appeal to centrists like me, and I'm blushing. I've never felt targeted in this way before. It's wild.

He's intelligent, eminently reasonable, and sounds like the best thing that could happen to Canadian politics in almost ever.

So, doomed to failure, I expect. Still, this is the first time in my life I've ever been faced with the prospect of strategic voting. The possibility of Trudeau slipping through the cracks due to votes drawn away from Poilievre is too horrifying to contemplate, but the temptation to support a politician for positive reasons might be too hard to resist.

It's a conundrum.
It’s also a silly name. It conjures up images of someone hovering over a crystal ball.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2024, 6:12 PM
Registered Drug User

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnext View Post
It’s also a silly name. It conjures up images of someone hovering over a crystal ball.
The attack ads practically write themselves!

Old Posted Yesterday, 1:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P'tit Renard View Post
Funny that you and Casper choose to belittle Ontario, while conveniently ignoring the unemployment situation of your neighbour Alberta, who actually has an unemployment rate higher than Ontario's. A significant driver of their unemployment is from inter-provincial migration, with a big chunk of them affordability refugees exiting from BC to afford a home.
Obviously one should be concerned about those who live in BC having to move to Alberta to find a home. There are a number of communities in BC that should be able to be expanded to accommodate growth without having to move to a region of the country dependent on a sunset industry such as oil and natural gas.

I think the Liberals have been trying to advance a just transition agenda in Alberta to help with the transition. Sad the provincial government is standing in the way.

Quote:
The better question to ask is...why is Victoria so unattractive, that despite Dear Leader Trudeau flooding the country with NPRs since post-COVID, has Victoria failed to attract many of them to fill the many vacancies that Casper boosts about. Instead of decamping to Victoria, they choose instead to stay in the GTA and Southern Ontario.
Actually Victoria is growing a good rate. Langford (a suburb of Victoria) is one of the fastest growing communities in Canada.

Quote:
Quebec wants NPR immigration flows cut and sees it as an existential crisis, and Ontario+Alberta are seeing skyrocketing unemployment rates to match the COL crisis. So no, this is not a minor Ontario issue, but a systemic issue that is impacting more than half the country.
Quebec has an agenda to protect the French language that drives its decision making. Not saying that is good or bad. Just that is a prime consideration for how they make decisions.

Old Posted Yesterday, 1:33 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by casper View Post
Quebec has an agenda to protect the French language that drives its decision making. Not saying that is good or bad. Just that is a prime consideration for how they make decisions.
Le langue Francais c'est le seul raison d'etre pour la existence de la province (non, pas la province, le peuple, la nation Quebecois en totalment)!!! Vive la Quebec!

Nothing else really matters. Not one iota.

Note I did not use a language translator to form the above sentence. Apologies in advance to Acajack and lio (but, both seem to have been absent from the forums for the last week or so).

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada