HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Today, 3:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternSon View Post
Same thing at ATX Tower, too. Do we have some sort of code/regulation requiring such ugly value engineering?
LOL no there is no code about this. Everyone that is begging for codes requiring "form based design" may not realize that it would kill development in Austin so hopefully not the same people celebrating the number of skyscrapers we have under construction right now which puts every similar sized city in America to shame. It also seems that a lot of folks commenting on this forum don't even live in or frequent downtown Austin so I'm not sure where the fuss is? You can barely see these rails from the street. The fussing about the garage cladding, however, may be justified.

Old Posted Today, 3:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtbuilder View Post
LOL no there is no code about this. Everyone that is begging for codes requiring "form based design" may not realize that it would kill development in Austin so hopefully not the same people celebrating the number of skyscrapers we have under construction right now which puts every similar sized city in America to shame. It also seems that a lot of folks commenting on this forum don't even live in or frequent downtown Austin so I'm not sure where the fuss is? You can barely see these rails from the street. The fussing about the garage cladding, however, may be justified.
I think if there's anything to complain about on these buildings it definitely is the garage cladding for their podiums. From ground level the garage podiums for all the buildings are really all you see when traversing the city. A nice cladding versus ugly cladding makes all the difference. The rest is less important at least from ground level. Skyline wise sure, but at least for what's important in my eyes which is nice human urban design, the style of the garage podiums (or if we can just not do them) is the most important.

Last edited by PolskaFly; Today at 3:53 AM. Reason: grammar

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin