HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Transportation

Old Posted Jun 10, 2024, 6:45 PM

The new walkley yard MSF is officially LEED certified

Old Posted Jun 10, 2024, 7:17 PM

Old Posted Jun 11, 2024, 5:19 PM

For the first time in a month, I finally went to South Keys to watch the trains. What I saw was not encouraging. We are now in mid June and final live testing needs to occur in July if we can reasonably expect a Labour Day weekend launch. If anything, the trains were operating worse than a month ago. The flow of trains was not at all smooth. The trains did not run at expected intervals. There was a lot of trains waiting for other trains to get out of the way. At one point, there was an Airport train at South Keys, and southbound Line 2 trains waiting to enter South Keys and another at Greenboro. Nothing heading northbound. When I first arrived, a northbound Line 2 and airport train arrived at South Keys arrived at the same time. I thought this was encouraging for a seamless transfer, but that was not repeated on subsequent trips. Everything seemed pretty random. I did notice that Line 2 trains ran quite quickly when they switched tracks south of Hunt Club. Trains always took the switch north of South Keys slowly. Nothing really looked efficient.

On a positive note, they were paving the path to the Juno Beach MUP bridge today.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2024, 6:48 PM

I don't think the lack of schedule is anything to be concerned about. According to their schedule they are finalizing operator training, so they probably are just focused on drivers go up and down the track, also they are supposed to be testing the countdown timers. Neither task requires them to follow scheduled headway

Last edited by kmcamp; Jun 11, 2024 at 7:40 PM.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2024, 6:49 PM

At South Keys today, I was able to hear the full platform announcment for those curious. It was announced as:

"The Northbound Line 2 train to Bayview is approaching the station. Please stand back from the platform edge"

Pretty much the same as the confed line, but they include the line number in the announcment as I would expect.

Last edited by kmcamp; Jun 11, 2024 at 7:41 PM.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2024, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrt's friend View Post
On a positive note, they were paving the path to the Juno Beach MUP bridge today.
Path is open this morning.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2024, 6:59 AM
Cigritbutt enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrt's friend View Post
For the first time in a month, I finally went to South Keys to watch the trains. What I saw was not encouraging. We are now in mid June and final live testing needs to occur in July if we can reasonably expect a Labour Day weekend launch. If anything, the trains were operating worse than a month ago. The flow of trains was not at all smooth. The trains did not run at expected intervals. There was a lot of trains waiting for other trains to get out of the way. At one point, there was an Airport train at South Keys, and southbound Line 2 trains waiting to enter South Keys and another at Greenboro. Nothing heading northbound. When I first arrived, a northbound Line 2 and airport train arrived at South Keys arrived at the same time. I thought this was encouraging for a seamless transfer, but that was not repeated on subsequent trips. Everything seemed pretty random. I did notice that Line 2 trains ran quite quickly when they switched tracks south of Hunt Club. Trains always took the switch north of South Keys slowly. Nothing really looked efficient.

That is great news about the path. About time. 3 years now? 2 for sure.

It sounds like you took the time to watch full cycles of arrivals and departures. I haven't had the patience to sit there for 30 minutes but as I was saying.. everything I have observed so far seems to be random. And boy-o-boy do they ever run slow. I guess there isn't much space between Greenboro and SK but the northbound arrivals are just crawling along.

Old Posted Yesterday, 2:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponyboycurtis View Post
That is great news about the path. About time. 3 years now? 2 for sure.
Closed in Spring 2020, was supposed to re-open Summer 2022.

Old Posted Today, 5:59 AM
Cigritbutt enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.OT13 View Post
Closed in Spring 2020, was supposed to re-open Summer 2022.
I was speaking of the pathway from Juno bridge specifically. It stayed open for the initial portion of construction thankfully.

Continuing on about our speculation of the day to day operations of the train, when I was avoiding the rain yesterday and skipping the walk home...

A single Airport train shows up in the northbound track(I've seen them arrive in the southbound track more often than not?) The train was labeled Bayview. It stopped in the middle of the platform, so the train was centered with the yellow wickets.. and then the driver switched sides... departed southbound with the train still labeled Bayview. I am confuse!

Old Posted Today, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponyboycurtis View Post
I was speaking of the pathway from Juno bridge specifically. It stayed open for the initial portion of construction thankfully.

Continuing on about our speculation of the day to day operations of the train, when I was avoiding the rain yesterday and skipping the walk home...

A single Airport train shows up in the northbound track(I've seen them arrive in the southbound track more often than not?) The train was labeled Bayview. It stopped in the middle of the platform, so the train was centered with the yellow wickets.. and then the driver switched sides... departed southbound with the train still labeled Bayview. I am confuse!
We have to test the inevitable closure of the north half of the line. I have seen test single Lint trains on Line 2, which have run north from South Keys.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Transportation