HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Today, 2:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Doesn’t Jagmeet Singh qualify for a parliamentary pension somewhere around the fall of 2025 election date?

I thought this was quite well known.
Yes, I was responding to a post that seemed to imply a pension for Singh was an important need.

Old Posted Today, 2:39 PM
Unapologetic Occidental

Quote:
Originally Posted by acottawa View Post
Yes, I was responding to a post that seemed to imply a pension for Singh was an important need.
It's quite a bit of free money, every year, for life. I agree with you he probably doesn't need it to survive but sitting another year (or more) in Parliament to have access to that doesn't seem to be a big sacrifice. Even a rich person would go for it. Actually, you don't get rich by swearing off free or easily obtained money.

Old Posted Today, 2:42 PM

Quote:
Doesn’t Jagmeet Singh qualify for a parliamentary pension somewhere around the fall of 2025 election date?

Yes along with dozens of MPs who have a much lower re-election chance than Singh who is in a very safe seat magnified by the collapse in Liberal support in BC. It's a tiresome trope. Of course the Cons want an election. The NDP haven't had a single poll where they are better off pulling the plug.

Old Posted Today, 2:53 PM

Quote:

Yes, and they even pushed back the date, resulting in MPs serving long enough to qualify for their pension:

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/we-w...tion-1.6908373

Quote:
However, it's come to light that postponing the vote by even one day has the knock-on effect of securing pensions for 80 MPs first elected in 2019 who wouldn't qualify if they lost their seats before hitting their six year service mark: Oct. 21, 2025.

Old Posted Today, 3:15 PM

Quote:
It's quite a bit of free money, every year, for life. I agree with you he probably doesn't need it to survive but sitting another year (or more) in Parliament to have access to that doesn't seem to be a big sacrifice. Even a rich person would go for it. Actually, you don't get rich by swearing off free or easily obtained money.
I would love to see a Conservative ad really driving Singh's pension issue home to Joe Lunchbucket.

Old Posted Today, 3:23 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hecate View Post
With that logic nobody should be governing. Trudeau doesn’t have a majority, nor does any party. First past the post mate.
Dude, can't you see why others are replying in the manner that they are? Let me refresh your memory:

Quote:
Majority of Canadians don’t want Trudeau representing them. Why is that a toilet tweet. It’s the truth. This government needs to go.

Old Posted Today, 3:24 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Quote:
Immature and condescending is calling people you don’t agree with, uneducated racist hicks. Who did that again?
You did, because that is not what he said. You put those words in his mouth. Stop doing this.

Old Posted Today, 4:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
You did, because that is not what he said. You put those words in his mouth. Stop doing this.
He may have used better words. But the messaging is the same.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b2004245.html

Old Posted Today, 5:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny24 View Post
Yes, and they even pushed back the date, resulting in MPs serving long enough to qualify for their pension:

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/we-w...tion-1.6908373
Actually they haven't changed the date if you read and research.

Old Posted Today, 7:51 PM

That Wannabe MAGA Pierre Poilievre is so desperate to hold his election now because he knows his hero Trump is about to lose and that will kill a lot of his own support. It's too funny hearing him call on the NDP to side with him, LOLOLOL.
He must know that the Liberals are learning a lot from what's happening in the election south of the border. He's acting so terrified. Canadians don't want to deal with an election atm.

The term WEIRD is already making the rounds describing that little whiney man. It's only going to get worse for him so I guess I can't blame him for his motives to go to the polls now before people get to know him better.
Video Link

Old Posted Today, 8:24 PM

Actually it's probably better for the CPC if Trump loses. The CPC is the government in waiting now. They're not going to want to deal with a Trump admin. Nobody does.
"It is only because the control of the means of production is divided among many people acting independently that nobody has complete power over us, that we as individuals can decide what to do with ourselves." - Friedrich Hayek

Old Posted Today, 8:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoDrew View Post
That Wannabe MAGA Pierre Poilievre is so desperate to hold his election now because he knows his hero Trump is about to lose and that will kill a lot of his own support. It's too funny hearing him call on the NDP to side with him, LOLOLOL.
He must know that the Liberals are learning a lot from what's happening in the election south of the border. He's acting so terrified. Canadians don't want to deal with an election atm.

The term WEIRD is already making the rounds describing that little whiney man. It's only going to get worse for him so I guess I can't blame him for his motives to go to the polls now before people get to know him better.
ORLY, the Libs are learning from the Democrats? So when are they forcing Trudeau out?

Old Posted Today, 8:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1overcosc View Post
Actually it's probably better for the CPC if Trump loses. The CPC is the government in waiting now. They're not going to want to deal with a Trump admin. Nobody does.
I think either way it is overblown but Liberal strategists have the delusiona that a Trump win will rescue them. I suppose a full blown trade war with Canadians in Trudeau's corner might reset the election but the only way Trudeau is even holding PP to a minority is if there is a complete elecltion reset. This has been obvious for more than a year and to a student of history since the 2021 election. Despite that Trudeau has made no attempt beyond tinkering to change the election narrative.

But we are basically at a 50-50 election in the US in a month when Democrats typcially are at their peak.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada