HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Old Posted Today, 2:26 PM

Philadelphia Register of Historic Places
148 N 2ND ST 12/31/1984 Old City 12/12/2003 1800
150 N 2ND ST 8/11/1982 Old City 12/12/2003 1755
152 N 2ND ST Old City 12/12/2003 1925
I think they're protected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLtoNYC View Post
Possible future development in Old City, though unfortunate that Old City will likely lose 3 more quirky little buildings (on the corner). Hopefully the replacement puts The Ben to shame (awful looking building, IMO).

Family-owned company to put longtime Old City home up for sale
https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...city-home.html

Swift Food Equipment expects to put the five parcels at 148 N. 2nd St. and 152-158 N. 2nd St. on the market soon, according to Billy Creagh of National Realty Commercial, who will be marketing the properties for sale. Creagh said the Swift family has not yet decided on an asking price.

The Swifts plan to relocate the restaurant equipment supply company to a larger warehouse space with a showroom elsewhere in the city. They declined to disclose the new location.

The lots are divided by a three-story office building at 150 N. 2nd St. that is also for sale but is not controlled by the Swifts.

Creagh said in a written statement to the Business Journal that the site’s CMX-3 zoning allows for a variety of uses for the property, creating opportunity for “large-scale mixed-use or residential projects,” for a prospective buyer. He added that the "considerable architectural and design possibilities" on the lots could also appeal to higher-end commercial tenants and residential buyers.

Last edited by ok-ez; Today at 2:45 PM.

Old Posted Today, 3:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ok-ez View Post
Wow. I hope they don't put up a Ben 2.

Old Posted Today, 4:31 PM
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by ok-ez View Post
"protected"

https://www.ocfrealty.com/naked-phil...busy-old-city/

Old Posted Today, 4:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd&Brown View Post
But many of them seem to end up in South Jersey in particular, and my guess is that it's not actually a preference as much as it is simply about that being where the readily available space is located.

These businesse are not big or glamorous, but many of them have 15-25 employees and that adds up. And they provide employment in the neighborhoods. They're an important part of the revitalization of Philadelphia.
100%. And it's high time to stop putting all industrial uses into the same bucket. More light industrial uses like equipment servicing/repair or food manufacturing should be able to co-exist with more residential areas in a mixed-use fashion to encourage much more of an overlap of housing and workspaces that aren't just white-collar offices or a retail/hospitality setting.

These kinds of common sense zoning changes would encourage both more businesses and residents to stay in the city long-term instead of pushing them to the fringes of the city or the suburbs.

Old Posted Today, 7:00 PM

Interesting CC parcel just listed for sale. 1507-11 Locust/223 S. Sydenham. Misconduct Tavern/Vesper buildings. Lot is around 8000 sqft.

Old Posted Today, 7:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanRevival View Post
100%. And it's high time to stop putting all industrial uses into the same bucket. More light industrial uses like equipment servicing/repair or food manufacturing should be able to co-exist with more residential areas in a mixed-use fashion to encourage much more of an overlap of housing and workspaces that aren't just white-collar offices or a retail/hospitality setting.

These kinds of common sense zoning changes would encourage both more businesses and residents to stay in the city long-term instead of pushing them to the fringes of the city or the suburbs.
That's not exactly what I'm saying but I'm mostly aligned. The zoning in Northern Liberties and South Kensington, for example, very much encourages this, but at the end of the day if an owner has a massive warehouse on a buildable plot of land, they're gonna sell. I just wish there were many places they could land (elsewhere) within the city without a lot of planning.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development