Quote:
Originally Posted by Niftybox View Post
A few days late, Urbanize did an update on Gehry's The Grand project:
View looking north on Grand

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelseaFC View Post
Well above ground now.

Video Link

I was texted this vid a short while ago....reminds me of how competitive everyone & everyplace has become....it's not the architectural style or other details of this new proj in russia that impressed me....it's the amt of time & $$$ put into big projs, & how professional things are, in countries that aren't thought of as 'whoa'. Although Russia did have an advanced space prog yrs ago that was on the heels of NASA.

Makes me think of the time I saw photos of the skyline of a city in northern brazil I had never heard of. It was Recife, brazil....not even rio or Sao Paulo. even a city like Recive can make dtLA seem like it's barely keeping up.

Video Link

Quote:
edit: June 14.....MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russia inaugurated on Sunday a huge new cathedral dedicated to its armed forces that had caused controversy over initial plans to decorate its interior with mosaics depicting Russian President Vladimir Putin and Soviet-era leader Joseph Stalin. Russian Orthodox Church officials said last month neither would be depicted in the cathedral.

The richly decorated 95-metre high cathedral, dedicated to the 75th anniversary of the Soviet victory over Nazi Germany in World War Two, was built in less than two years in a theme park about 55 kilometres (34 miles) from Moscow.
how long is the oceanwide proj on fig taking to be completed? At least the grand ave proj is under construction....planned since disney hall was completed in 2003. but better late than never.

Last edited by citywatch; Jun 21, 2020 at 5:12 PM.