Thread: My Los Ángeles
View Single Post
Old Posted May 18, 2023, 4:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citywatch View Post
Since I always like seeing the pics you take of places that give me a better idea of what they're like...of bldgs, houses, streets (& which I can never get enough of---chrisla has been good too).....I appreciate your explaining why you include images of food.

In the city compilations pg on dtla, I try to post only specific, non personal info related to dt...& don't like writing just brief comments which most ppl prefer doing (example: Millions of comments posted under vids of youtube)....& various forumers make a stink about that. So I'm not surprised that lots of online forums can easily end up becoming like the jerry springer show.

I posted a vid about travel patterns in LA & a news update about culver city in the transportation pg, & I mention that I always wonder how ppl in socal choose to live & get around the region. That question really kicks in when I'm on a clogged street or fwy...& at that moment I admit I'm as guilty as others are of adding to the traffic. I have a relative who lived in a part of LA...around redondo bch....who several yrs ago moved way up to the northern SF valley, even though his job was closer to where he originally lived. When I spoke with him about his move, he didn't give it as much thought as I assumed he would. Then again, I've heard of ppl who actually like long commutes...they say it gives them time to to listen to music or think about life, etc.. All the ppl of urban America similar to that, however, always make me go....
For me anyway, I wouldn't like a long commute, but I do appreciate my drive home from work (which is about 25 minutes, all on surface streets), because yeah, it does give me time to decompress/unwind, listen to music or news... it's like a moment of solace and being alone, immediately after a work day. Even when I've taken the bus to/from work (which takes about an hour one way and 2 different buses), even though you have to deal with being with other people immediately around you, there's still those moments when you can just think, or meditate, or stare out the window and think of nothing at all. Decompression time.

~ Charles Bukowski

Last edited by sopas ej; May 18, 2023 at 5:28 PM.