View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 14, 2017, 5:07 AM
somewhere in-between

Pfizer is planning to hire at least 400 new employees at its Portage manufacturing complex (200 replacement plus 200 new positions). I knew this place was huge, but I didn't know that it employed around 3,500, when you count independent contractors and other support personnel. I also didn't know that it is considered THE largest of its 63 production facilities worldwide. The majority of the Portage facility work is dedicated to the production of  sterile injectable medicines, often used in life-saving scenarios. Pfizer is currently partway through the second phase of a $150 million investment in the facility, which is intended to increase production capacity. $1 billion in capital has been invested at this site in the past ten years.

Quote:
Pfizer Inc. is looking to fill 200 new positions in Portage
By Al Jones
November 13, 2017

PORTAGE, MI - Pfizer Inc. is looking to fill 200 new skilled trades, engineering and manufacturing jobs. The jobs are related to work that is ongoing at its mammoth pharmaceutical manufacturing plant at 7000 Portage Road, as well as the expansion it announced there in 2016. Company officials pegged the cost of the two-part expansion at $145 million last year. But last week they estimated that one part would total about $108 million and the other about $42 million...

Last edited by deja vu; Nov 21, 2017 at 5:05 AM.