View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 20, 2020, 5:14 PM
somewhere in-between

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjreisen View Post
I am curious, do you think Columbus is progressing to becoming a more vibrant, livable, dense city than Cincinatti and Cleveland? My theory is it seems to go Columbus, Cincinatti, Cleveland in that ranking? But to be honest I was in Ohio once ten years ago, so my judgement is purely streetview and forums.
My perception is that they are all pretty vibrant, and getting better. I am also an "outsider" though - I have been to each city exactly once in recent memory. My guess is that Columbus would outrank Cincinnati and Cleveland in density and in most other data-based comparisons, due to its sheer size. It's more than double the population of each of the other two. Speaking of size, I know Columbus is big, but for some reason I thought Detroit was still bigger (in terms of population). But Columbus has + 200K residents on Detroit now. It flipped somewhere between 2000 and 2010, when Detroit dropped to ~714K and Columbus rose to ~787K. Columbus is currently 14th most-populous in the country, whereas Detroit is 24th. Of course, if you're talking metro areas, Detroit is still much larger.

Quote:
Ohio lawmakers give OK to $2.5 billion capital budget for construction, renovation projects
Andrew J. Tobias | cleveland.com
December 18, 2020

COLUMBUS, Ohio--State lawmakers on Friday sent Gov. Mike DeWine a $2.5 billion capital budget to fund construction projects, renovations, and equipment purchases around the state for the next two years.

Senate Bill 310, which cleared a final Senate vote on Friday, includes $452 million for colleges and universities, $305 million for K-12 school buildings, and about $281 million for prisons.

About $280 million would go to the Public Works Commission, part of which would be distributed via grants and loans to local governments for infrastructure projects such as roads, bridges, and wastewater treatment systems...

Last edited by deja vu; Dec 20, 2020 at 9:57 PM.