PDA

View Full Version : Downtown Los Angeles - South Group; Elleven, Luma, Evo and Future Projects

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13]

Luma07
Aug 30, 2007, 3:33 PM
Are you on the 4th flr? I also just moved in over the last couple weeks.

Yeah...I'm on the 4th floor. Aside from the construction for the pool, it is really quiet on the 4th floor---I was beginning to think that there was no one but me on this floor, then met my next door neighbor, Eric.

I think I have the same unit layout you do....I face Hope St. So we're probably on opposite ends of the hallway?

L07

logandankr
Aug 30, 2007, 4:16 PM
^ Yeah it's been really quiet, was starting to think I was the only person living in the building. I'm on the northern end of the floor, last unit before the corner. Stop by and say hello.

Met 2 '$C frat guys a week or so ago moving in to the unit next to mine...first words exchanged was them asking me "where's the party at?" Don't think they've been around since, though.

One thing that bugs me a little is that while we can't use our fob to access any floor aside from 4, everyone else can access their floor and the 4th floor. Guess that goes with the territory of being on the pool deck flr. The positive is that when your hands are full in the elevator, you can ask people to press 4th flr with their swipe.

BrandonJXN
Aug 30, 2007, 6:59 PM
Hey Kerry Marsico,

Do you know if Ritz Carlton is going to be in that location? I have heard that it will be in the west of (parking lot in the west ) La Live. If so, everyone in Luma with a West view will be blocked. I'm on the 13th floor right now in the west side. Currently, the view is fantastic. But as you know, the view is one of the many factors that decides the value of high-rise condos.

Any comments?

Blocking your views of what? Staples?

This is retarded.

Allow me to be blunt: People shouldn't move to any downtown if they are concerned that their views are going to be blocked. You have to understand that urban living does not always equal beautiful views (unless you move into a really tall building). South Park is going to be dotted with cranes in the coming months so I would get used to the fact that you are in Downtown Los Angeles and not in Chatsworth someplace. You complaining about the views is like someone in NYC complaining about not being able to see the Statue of Liberty.

And to answer your question, your view will be blocked by LA Central which will break ground in a week and a half:

http://la.curbed.com/2007.07.central3.jpg
You can see Luma in the middle of the picture.

This is the site taken from the 19th floor of Luma (by Kerry Marsico)
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h160/kerrymaui11/P1010010.jpg

If you don't like the idea living in an urban setting, then I would strongly advise you to :gtfo2:.

Kerry Marsico
Aug 30, 2007, 7:43 PM
[QUOTE=ThreeHundred;3040501]Blocking your views of what? Staples?

And to answer your question, your view will be blocked by LA Central which will break ground in a week and a half:
QUOTE]

Has the name changed? thought the working title was "Fig Central". Great rendering, I haven't seen this! At a presentation by Staples Center/AEG last week they'd announced it's a strong possibility that a Whole Foods will be going into this mixed use on Fig btwn 11th and 12th (LA or Fig Central).

yoonism49
Aug 30, 2007, 8:07 PM
Yep,

the name is LA Central now. It's going to have 10 or more retail spaces, and 1/3 of the building will be a hotel-like unitsl.

ThreeHundred, if LA Central is going to be across the street from Luma, that will not be the best situation for us. First of all, it is too close to Luma and has 30+ floors. Secondly, if your interested in selling your unit in 5-10 years from now (Say that cost per sq feet appreciated to $800), it'll definitely be harder than selling a unit with north Financial view.

Face the facts. I'm not saying we made a bad investment. Luma will go up. Mark my words on that.

And LAB, your missing the whole point. There is a BIG difference between a collection of skyscrapers and a 30+ floor building across the street from your building. I don't know if this is your very first condo purchase, but in any established cities, it's always better to have a great view. But again, the price will go up accordingly, since the "Urban Settings" is the driving force for appreciating the prices.

BrandonJXN
Aug 30, 2007, 8:39 PM
I was always under the impression that the closer a residence is to an attraction (be it natural or man made), that the value of the residence will go up. Since LA Central is a part of LA Live, wouldn't that radius of devlopment (including Elleven, Luma, Evo and future projects) go up in worth?

Kerry: Yes...it used to be Fig Central. Now it's LA Central. Also I believe that Whole Foods will have a place there.

Btw..the taller tower is 575 feet tall and 54 stories and the other tower is 455feet tall and 40 floors.

http://la.curbed.com/2007.07.finalcentral.jpg
http://la.curbed.com/2007.08.central.jpg
http://la.curbed.com/2007.07.central4.jpg

BrandonJXN
Aug 30, 2007, 8:39 PM
edit

Echo Park
Aug 30, 2007, 9:12 PM
I thought it was called "South Fig" now.

LosAngelesSportsFan
Aug 30, 2007, 11:26 PM
thats a different project, Jardin by South Group, 2 towers.

DowntownCharlieBrown
Aug 30, 2007, 11:46 PM
Hey South Parkers

Want to get familiar with what’s under construction, approved for construction, or proposed for construction in your neighborhood? Check out the first page of the thread on SkyscraperPage under Projects and Construction – City Compilations and look for the Los Angeles-Downtown Project Rundown v.3. After reviewing the first page, go to this website. http://dcbid.cartifactmaps.com/ Then locate the project on the map. (btw, the map still has LA Central listed as Fig Central)

There are many South Park projects in the pipeline, and each will fill in a surface parking lot. These parking lots are “bad”, and bad for home prices. Once filled, these projects will bring new retail and more life to South Park, “good” for home prices.

So enjoy as your views change for the better! :tup:

LosAngelesBeauty
Aug 31, 2007, 2:28 AM
And LAB, your missing the whole point. There is a BIG difference between a collection of skyscrapers and a 30+ floor building across the street from your building. I don't know if this is your very first condo purchase, but in any established cities, it's always better to have a great view. But again, the price will go up accordingly, since the "Urban Settings" is the driving force for appreciating the prices.

I'm not missing any point, yoon. Unfortunately, someone decided to buy a condo in DTLA (the only area of LA with this many high-rises), and oddly enough, is now complaining that more high-rises are going to "block" your view and lower your property values. :haha:

No yoon, other established cities (Manhattan for instance) don't have residents who value VIEWS as much as a nascent and fledgling urban city like ours. In Manhattan, it's about the street life and activity. It's about serendipitously discovering an underground jazz club just from getting lost in the city. It's about being amongst people outside on the streets. It's not about views. Most people in Manhattan don't have views, and from my understanding, they still LOVE the city. Not because they sit by their window lusting and drooling at "the views," but when they go downstairs to the street, there are a ton of things to do and see.

Now, if everyone moving into DTLA perceived skyscrapers as blocking their view (what a scary thought), then there wouldn't be anymore skyscrapers under construction because it would inevitably "block" someone else's views. Who is to say that Luma isn't blocking Met Loft's views (or any other building that can actually see Luma)? Why is Luma exempt from the same kind of perception that you impose onto other towers? If everyone thought like you, then there wouldn't be the critical mass needed to create the kind of urban life we all want for our city.

If skyscrapers AREN'T considered part of good views. Then you should move to the outskirts of LA. Then there won't be anything to "block" it! :yes:

tujunga
Aug 31, 2007, 3:25 AM
I agree, when you move into a high rise in DTLA you are the view, So if you like the view downtown move to Baldwin Hills or some parts of Silver Lake. To me have stunning gleaming high rise situated outside your window is a pretty cool view too.

Kerry Marsico
Aug 31, 2007, 5:18 AM
Rosie has left...yet so much controversy about...The View... :crazy:

LosAngelesBeauty
Aug 31, 2007, 5:23 AM
^ Hey, someone has to educate the new wanna-be urbanists being ignorant about what urbanism actually means. ;)

danparker276
Aug 31, 2007, 5:46 PM
Actually I think that view at Luma will be pretty good. Flower lofts provides a good space between the buildings.

colemonkee
Aug 31, 2007, 7:00 PM
^ And the Met Lofts act as pretty big buffer for the northwest view. Yes, LA Central will block some far off views of Century City, but it won't be directly across the street. It'll be a good distance away. The Kurtzman, on the other hand, will be across the street, a tiny bit to the south. But it won't completely block views for anyone, so it shouldn't affect property values too much, except to increase them with more density and amenities in the immediate neighborhood.

danparker276
Aug 31, 2007, 7:33 PM
Also, Fig central was planned way before the Luma presale. I don't know how you can complain about your view being blocked.

katfam
Aug 31, 2007, 11:33 PM
They have spent the whole day doing the finishing touches on the terrace. They say it will open this weekend.

http://www.kylefritz.com/11/IMG_2646.jpg

http://www.kylefritz.com/11/IMG_2647.jpg

funhaus
Sep 1, 2007, 1:10 AM
They have spent the whole day doing the finishing touches on the terrace. They say it will open this weekend.

Sweet! Can't wait. :cheers:

Kerry Marsico
Sep 1, 2007, 1:29 AM
pool was filled by this afternoon too.

edkao
Sep 1, 2007, 2:59 AM
Finally, the wait is over!!! almost... (must temper my own excitement!)

Katfam, what time was the photo taken? I am guessing 3PM? Just noticing that the pool area is recieving lots of sun, and the other parts are in shade.

Any rules about the pool deck yet?

I am guessing the usual, no glass, no smoking, and no diving?

edluva
Sep 1, 2007, 8:02 AM

what shitty land-use. one of these is forgivable, but imagine if south park was full of them...wait, that's what's actually happening.

Quixote
Sep 1, 2007, 2:37 PM
^I beg to differ. Most of the projects slated for South Park are dense developments (i.e. 717 Ninth, Market Lofts, Park Tower, Concerto, 717 Olympic, South Figueroa, Kurtzman, Elleven, Luma, Evo, Glass Tower, etc.).

funhaus
Sep 1, 2007, 3:43 PM
Finally, the wait is over!!! almost... (must temper my own excitement!)

Edkao, the wait IS over! :banana: :banana: :banana: The patio opened at 5am this morning...

Construction has received a Temporary Certificate of Occupancy for the pool terrace, so the pool will be available for use this weekend. There are still numerous outstanding items to be completed, but the pool, the bbq grills, and the beautiful pool furniture will all be available for use this weekend. Beginning on Tuesday of next week, construction activity will resume on the pool terrace as they will be working on the spa, pool heater, fireplace, bathrooms, fencing, patio heaters, etc. so please be prepared for more work, but in the meantime, enjoy the pool this weekend!

The pool hours will be 5 am to 11 pm on Saturday, and 5 am to 10 pm on Sunday and Monday. Please be considerate of your neighbors when using the pool area and remember that residents are permitted a reasonable number of guests only, and any guests must be accompanied by the resident.

Took a walk around, and it's really come together nicely. Will have to spend some time there later this weekend. :apple:

funhaus
Sep 1, 2007, 5:57 PM
^ Oh, yeah. Here are some pix taken this morning. Sun was just starting to hit the pool area - was sad to have to leave it.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h61/11jp/elleven/IMG_2649.jpg

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h61/11jp/elleven/IMG_2652.jpg

I like the amount and variety of seating, eating and conversation areas.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h61/11jp/elleven/IMG_2643.jpghttp://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h61/11jp/elleven/IMG_2646.jpg

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h61/11jp/elleven/IMG_2655.jpg

There's also pleny of BBQ and food prep areas, as well as some sort of water feature (in progress), and the hot tub (very much in progresss).

Echo Park
Sep 1, 2007, 6:01 PM

what shitty land-use. one of these is forgivable, but imagine if south park was full of them...wait, that's what's actually happening.

but on the bright side the swimming pool at luma is open!!

yoonism49
Sep 5, 2007, 12:28 AM
"Unfortunately, someone decided to buy a condo in DTLA (the only area of LA with this many high-rises), and oddly enough, is now complaining that more high-rises are going to "block" your view and lower your property values. "

LAB- again, your missing my point. "View" is a small factor in determining the property value. I made it clear that the Luma will appreciate. It really sounds like your in the east view. If so, I'm not trying to offend you. I guarantee that your property will go up as high as 800-900 dollars per square feet.

Why do you think that 50% of the East units in Luma weren't sold in late 2006, during the second phase? My point is that when you are tying to sell a one-bed room unit with a blocked view for over 800-900k dollars, it just becomes difficult.

If this is your first property, you wouldn't have to worry about that at all. But if your planning to sell within 5-7 years, it won't be as easy. Here's another problem. Some units in Jardin and LA Central will HAVE MUCH better views than Luma & Evo. DTLA is just like San Francisco in that sense. Some units will have views and some dont. Try selling a 1.5 million dollar unit in San Francisco that has a Bay Bridge view versus 1.2 million dollar unit that has blocked view across the street.

I can see that you are very excited about moving into a high rise. It really sounds like your an early urbanist. I've lived in San Francisco for over 6 years.

LAmetroman
Sep 5, 2007, 1:07 AM
Yoonism49- Did you really think nothing would be developed within your view area? You are only on the 13th floor, and downtown is already seeing several proposals over 40 floors.

If you wanted a more "guaranteed" view, you should have waited to buy into a taller building or waited till the neighborhood was built out.

LAofAnaheim
Sep 5, 2007, 7:41 AM
What's the construction going on next to Salon Elleven?

BTW...isn't that salon a little ridiculously overpriced? I was hoping to go there for my haircuts, but I'm not paying $40 for a haircut; especially as a guy. Does anybody else feel that way? It's great to see ground floor retail, but $40 a haircut!!!?

edkao
Sep 5, 2007, 8:06 AM

BTW...isn't that salon a little ridiculously overpriced? I was hoping to go there for my haircuts, but I'm not paying $40 for a haircut; especially as a guy. Does anybody else feel that way? It's great to see ground floor retail, but $40 a haircut!!!?

the construction is going to be the sales office for South Group. The current sales office at 7th and Grand will be relocated there.

Kev in L.A.
Sep 5, 2007, 11:17 PM

I definitely agree with you, I really like the look of the place but its too bad that its overpriced, I would never pay $40 for a haircut. I move into Luma next week and will soon need to find a cheaper place to get my haircut!

katfam
Sep 6, 2007, 12:27 AM
Have to say that isn't too bad. It is LA and most Salon's (not fantastic sam's) run 50 to 100 for haircuts. Not sure where you get your haircut but if you go to Beverly Hills that price is cheap. I'm happy we have a high priced salon below us, rather that than a cheap shack.

kdk
Sep 6, 2007, 12:35 AM

I live in Elleven also. My wife thinks $55 is reasonable for a women's haircut, the nail care prices are also reasonable, but thinks $40 for a a guy's haircut is overpriced. My max is $30, and wouldn't mind if they package a cheaper cut as a "trim" or something, with less time and less service.

kdk
Sep 6, 2007, 12:37 AM

I live in Elleven also. My wife thinks $55 is reasonable for a women's haircut, the nail care prices are also reasonable, but thinks $40 for a a guy's haircut is overpriced. I'm thinking a good ratio is about 2 to 1: $55 to $27, and wouldn't mind if they package a cheaper cut as a "trim" or something, with less time and less service.

LAofAnaheim
Sep 6, 2007, 12:53 AM
Y'all are wondering where to go for cheap haircuts????? Dudes, y'all live in downtown LA!!! Go to Broadway! I get my haircut there for $10, it's awesome. Or, if you want something more upscale, but not Salon Elleven unreasonable, go to Rudy's at the Standard for a $21/haircut.

RAlossi
Sep 6, 2007, 2:42 AM
^ Rudy's is the best butcher shop Downtown.

Needless to say, I have yet to find a good Downtown haircut place.

danparker276
Sep 12, 2007, 6:30 PM
So I heard the pool is open? Any big parties last weekend?

fridayinla
Sep 12, 2007, 7:04 PM
Y'all are wondering where to go for cheap haircuts????? Dudes, y'all live in downtown LA!!! Go to Broadway! I get my haircut there for $10, it's awesome. Or, if you want something more upscale, but not Salon Elleven unreasonable, go to Rudy's at the Standard for a $21/haircut.

I've been going to Westwood every 3rd Sunday for the last 2 years to get my hair cut. I went to Salon Eleven for the first time this weekend and loved it! I'm definitely going back. The $40 for mens haircut is misleading. I was able to set up a standing appoitment every 3 weeks, and the price per cut is then only $25 (see Jerry). That included shampoo/wash and a bottle of water to drink while I was getting the cut. I don't care who you ask - that's a great price for the quality of stylists they have. I recommend trying it out! In fact, they're having a grand opening event this Saturday, September 15, 4:00PM. They'll have artwork on display and hope to continue featuring exhibits.

sopas ej
Sep 14, 2007, 11:52 PM
I've been going to Westwood every 3rd Sunday for the last 2 years to get my hair cut. I went to Salon Eleven for the first time this weekend and loved it! I'm definitely going back. The $40 for mens haircut is misleading. I was able to set up a standing appoitment every 3 weeks, and the price per cut is then only $25 (see Jerry). That included shampoo/wash and a bottle of water to drink while I was getting the cut. I don't care who you ask - that's a great price for the quality of stylists they have. I recommend trying it out! In fact, they're having a grand opening event this Saturday, September 15, 4:00PM. They'll have artwork on display and hope to continue featuring exhibits.

Is it mostly women? All my worst haircuts have been from women... $25 does sound like a reasonable deal, I pay more at 18|8.

Kerry Marsico
Sep 28, 2007, 3:27 AM
I was fortunate enough to get a 'hard-hat' tour at Evo. This building is going to be fantastic...not that that's a shock to anybody, I'm sure.

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h160/kerrymaui11/img066.jpg

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h160/kerrymaui11/img062.jpg

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h160/kerrymaui11/img061.jpg

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h160/kerrymaui11/img060.jpg

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h160/kerrymaui11/img057.jpg

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h160/kerrymaui11/img067.jpg

A-town
Sep 29, 2007, 12:58 AM
So what's the going prices in these units. I checked out the websites and was very impressed with what i saw, the use of building materials is definately on the higher end.

danparker276
Oct 16, 2007, 11:57 PM
Why doesn't eleven/Luma have a gym? Are there any plans to put one in?

kdk
Oct 21, 2007, 8:34 AM
There was never a plan to put in a gym. Everyone knew that going in. Evo, I believe, will have a gym. South group is funny though. They could put up a beautiful sales office in a week, but cant fix the pool heater for over a month.

danparker276
Oct 22, 2007, 5:06 PM
Couldn't homeowners from both buildings agree to put a gym in there? Split between 2 buildings it wouldn't be that much. Is there any talk of that?

1100 wilshire pool/spa heater is probably worse than yours, that thing always used to break. Now it works, but managment turns it off on the weekends because they don't want people to use the pool.

funhaus
Oct 24, 2007, 9:49 AM
The city is currently installing street lamps spec'd by the South Group. These are being placed along Hope, 11th and Grand at the perimeter of the completed buildings.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h61/11jp/elleven/IMG_0014.jpg

danparker276
Oct 25, 2007, 5:56 PM
Another 1100 sign. So only evo is gonna have a gym? Do your homeowners vote on stuff at Luma and Eleven? Ever talk about a gym. I'm just asking cus I'm considering moving to Luma.

1100 Wilshire is a total joke. We go through this whole long voting process for pool deck hours/rules and then the board rejects landslide results.

sopas ej
Oct 25, 2007, 6:08 PM
The city is currently installing street lamps spec'd by the South Group. These are being placed along Hope, 11th and Grand at the perimeter of the completed buildings.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h61/11jp/elleven/IMG_0014.jpg

Cool! They look like they might be the twin-globed UM 106s... which look like these:

http://www.lacity.org/BSL/gallery/um1906.jpg
From the City of LA website

ksep
Oct 25, 2007, 10:26 PM
^ these lights would look more fitting for the historic core, but for south park i would prefer something more modern. don't people see that these lamps don't match any of the buildings???

RAlossi
Oct 25, 2007, 10:28 PM
I don't care what they install as long as it's uniform...

Which is a problem in the city and Downtown, even on a block-by-block basis.

6th&12thDweller
Oct 26, 2007, 6:38 AM
Dan Parker, I heard people at 1100 Wilshire wanted you out of your building because of your inconsiderate behavior partying at the pool....

kdk
Oct 26, 2007, 4:55 PM
I don't know where the gym would go.

RAlossi
Oct 26, 2007, 5:48 PM
You could combine some of those empty units in Luma...

Lumagirl
Nov 8, 2007, 7:05 AM
is Luma compatible with Xm or Sirius?

Echo Park
Nov 8, 2007, 3:07 PM
^Ah, the pressing urban issues we face

katfam
Nov 9, 2007, 7:36 PM
So i went by the pool last night and discovered not only is the jacuzzi hot its OPEN!!! Weird that Elleven or Luma didn't let any of us know. I had to call and ask.

edkao
Nov 10, 2007, 3:46 AM
Got Dish network's HD DVR installed today. After 18 months, Dish finally figured out how to get their HD DVR to work inside Elleven. About time. No more overpriced Time Warner Cable.

While we were waiting for the DVR to initialize, it took about 40 minutes, we talked about the roof of Elleven. The Dish Techs told me that there are several cameras on the roof, and other cameras in the area rooftops, placed there by Discovery Channel, all filming the construction of Evo.

They said that there will be an episode about the construction of Evo. Don't know the name of the show, all I can think of is maybe 'Build it Bigger'? I don't believe Evo qualify as a 'Modern Marvel'. :)

Keep an eye out.

danparker276
Nov 13, 2007, 1:16 AM
Dan Parker, I heard people at 1100 Wilshire wanted you out of your building because of your inconsiderate behavior partying at the pool....

Yeah, I guess some do. It's not inconsiderate behavior. The biggest complaint I heard was "I don't want this place to look like the standard". I think I brought to many girls to the pool.
You can take a look at the last party
http://www.georgefkim.com/myphotos/2007.08.19.Birthday/index.html

Nothing is out of control, I've had 2 parties out there and many other homeowners join in. The place was clean afterwards and they ended early.

Our HOA manager is nuts. She hired a new security company with guns. Thankfully, they no longer carry loaded weapons. She's doing everything she can to stop parties besides filling the pool with cement. Newest rule: Only 1 drink allowed on the deck at time. You can't bring a 6 back for beer cans outside.

The building was sold to me as a place where I can have parties on the deck. They have a party area, and even threw a pre-sale party with a band on the deck.

The resident voting, voted to keep the deck open 24 hours and allow music in the party area. Reguardless of the vote, there are people in the building that still want to close the deck and are trying to find some loophole in insurance/state laws to shut it down. There's a party around once a month now that summer is over. Nothing is crazy out there.

6th&12thDweller
Nov 13, 2007, 3:23 AM
i kinda agree, pics made the place look like The Standard, a LOW RENT Standard....no wonder some residents were not impressed....

danparker276
Nov 13, 2007, 5:15 PM
And what's wrong with the Standard? Your friends are better than my friends deal. Why would you buy condo in the city if you don't like other people. I don't like it when someone brings 20 little kids to the pool for a birthday party, but that's party of living with other people and I don't call the office and complain.

I think when you'd buy at a place like 1100, you shouldn't expect to live in a retirement home. The pool area is designed/compared to clubs like the Standard or Roosevelt hotel. It also doesn't help when the sales team tells some people you can have big parties on the deck, while they tell others it's a very quiet community. Look at the videos on the website. They interview 2 single guys, who talk about bringing their friends over to party.

It's not like there are that many parties there anyway. With 228 units, on a hot summer day the pool is going to be crowded and people will bring their friends.

colemonkee
Nov 13, 2007, 6:42 PM
Dan, I'll go to your parties anytime. Especially if you end up with too many girls...

RAlossi
Nov 13, 2007, 11:24 PM
i kinda agree, pics made the place look like The Standard, a LOW RENT Standard....no wonder some residents were not impressed....

As Hal Bastian says... "Don't like noise or people? Go buy in the Valley."

citywatch
Nov 14, 2007, 3:33 AM
Yeah, I guess some do. It's not inconsiderate behavior. The biggest complaint I heard was "I don't want this place to look like the standard".
I do recall seeing the question that prompted your reply & thinking it came out of the blue or left field. It reminded me of someone asking "so when did you stop beating your wife?" I at first thought I possibly was reading too much into it, that it wasn't necessarily a case of someone with an axe to grind. The follow up response to you---and the unflattering words about the partyers----now makes me think my original hunch was correct.

The pool deck of 1100 Wilshire----& its guests----looks perfectly fine to me.

danparker276
Nov 14, 2007, 5:46 PM

This was the original message.

It's not like I've had a lot of parties, but I'm vocal about people being allowed to have parties. And I'm always out on the deck. The homeowner vote speaks for itself though.

LosAngelesBeauty
Nov 14, 2007, 7:36 PM
I think it is inane that anyone who moves to an urban environment would actually be against "city noise," which is just a normal byproduct of urban living.

citywatch
Nov 14, 2007, 8:07 PM
I'm baffled why ppl----such as the HOA manager----living or working in a place like 1100, if not DT in general, would be such killjoys about a pool deck. Knowing there are throngs of ppl having a good time on rooftops, or, better yet, on the sidewalks of the hood makes DT seem less burbanized or in less of a snooze mode.

I know when I was in SaMo a few wks ago & saw all the crowds of ppl walking around the pier & the 3rd St Promendade, & compared that with the quiet condition of DT on a weekend, that makes the idea of anyone griping about too much partying or activity in the hood even more ridiculous.

danparker276
Nov 15, 2007, 9:54 PM
The whole future of downtown is based on LA Live/clubs/restuarants parties/award shows/the mayor wanting to turn downtown into a 24/7 city.
The whole point of living in downtown is to be close to the action.

I'm baffled too. Some people think they're moving into a retirement home. I

Kerry Marsico
Nov 28, 2007, 10:16 AM

Lumagirl
Dec 19, 2007, 8:19 AM
Happy Holidays everyone! Lets keep this thread going guys...Can anyone please refer me to a good interior designer and an electrician please.

funhaus
Dec 19, 2007, 9:41 PM
Curbed LA took a look at Evo today (http://la.curbed.com/archives/2007/12/curbed_inside_d.php). Some great pictures in their tour.

luckyeight
Dec 25, 2007, 11:21 AM
I think it is inane that anyone who moves to an urban environment would actually be against "city noise," which is just a normal byproduct of urban living.

Will Pinkberry, Borders and Traders Joe eventually set up an operation in one of South Group's buildings?

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

kentonllc
Dec 27, 2007, 5:43 PM
Amy Arroyo was the interior architect for elleven and luma, the sales center and some of the model units. she works in downtown. she is doing design work on a number of individual units in luma and evo - her office number is 213-200-5955.

Lumagirl
Dec 28, 2007, 7:12 AM
Thank you so much!

teresa and melissa
Jan 4, 2008, 7:05 PM
gunshots interrupted my movie watching last night as nearby grand ave. club turned Crash Mansion is at it again. I vote we raze it in favor of a trader joe's. people don't get stabbed and shot at trader joe's

LA Nightclub Fight Escalates: One Dead, Two Wounded

POSTED: 6:40 am PST January 4, 2008
UPDATED: 10:27 am PST January 4, 2008

LOS ANGELES -- A gunman who killed a young man and wounded two others outside a downtown Los Angeles nightclub was at large Friday, authorities said.

The shooting occurred at about 1:30 a.m. at the Crash Mansion L.A. Club near West Olympic Boulevard and South Grand Avenue, after a young woman was stabbed on the dance floor, said a sergeant at the Los Angeles Police Department's Central Station.

Joseph Covina, 19, of Downey, died of multiple gunshot wounds, police said.

The stabbed woman was treated at a local hospital and released, said Los Angeles police Lt. Paul Vernon.

The wounded men's injuries were not considered life-threatening, Vernon said.

The gunman escaped.

Most of the patrons were 18 to 20 years old, as the business was operating as an over-18 club, Vernon said.

"We will be looking closely at the business practices here with our vice unit and the city attorney's office," Vernon said this morning. "We've had other disturbances at this same location before it closed down under the name Grand Avenue Club."

Vice detectives may question the Crash Mansion promoter, Vernon said.

"This is one of those roving parties that moves from place to place," Vernon said. "We'll be looking at the location, as well as the promoter aspect, and whether we've had problems with them before."

Anyone with information about the shooting was asked to call homicide detectives at 213-972-1254 or (877) 529-3855.

Tennis248
Jan 5, 2008, 4:31 AM
gunshots interrupted my movie watching last night as nearby grand ave. club turned Crash Mansion is at it again. I vote we raze it in favor of a trader joe's. people don't get stabbed and shot at trader joe's

oh man... I agree... nothing like getting in from the airport and wanting to go to bed and then getting woken up by a series of gunshots, helicopters and sirens for the next 30 minutes... what a way to start my birthday....:yuck:

Trader Joe's would be a much happier place.... almost like Disneyland, compared to the crash mansion....

MapGoulet
Jan 15, 2008, 10:06 PM
Dan, I'll go to your parties anytime. Especially if you end up with too many girls...

I fully agree with Colemonkee. These pics are the muthafookin' shiznit. Hot ladies. What are you expecting??? Give Dan a freakin' break. The guy can deliver. Most pool parties just plain suck.

Dan, keep me posted. I'm bringing the Belvedere to the Pegasus this Summer.

- Representative of the Breeder Minority of Skyscraper Page.

New2Evo
Aug 15, 2008, 5:41 PM
Hello!!

I need to learn how to change my user name!! I was having such a dumb spaced moment, and realized that I was trying to post ABOUT EVO... but accidentally put New2Evo when it should be New2Luma!! :koko:

Thanks in advance...

StethJeff
Aug 16, 2008, 6:25 PM
Hello!!

I need to learn how to change my user name!! I was having such a dumb spaced moment, and realized that I was trying to post ABOUT EVO... but accidentally put New2Evo when it should be New2Luma!! :koko:

Thanks in advance...

you've only made 1 post. just start a new account.

4Bviper
Sep 24, 2008, 10:34 AM
http://img225.imagevenue.com/loc530/th_51831_IMG_3972_122_530lo.jpg (http://img225.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=51831_IMG_3972_122_530lo.jpg)http://img184.imagevenue.com/loc112/th_51842_IMG_3966_122_112lo.jpg (http://img184.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=51842_IMG_3966_122_112lo.jpg)http://img105.imagevenue.com/loc151/th_51843_IMG_3965_122_151lo.jpg (http://img105.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=51843_IMG_3965_122_151lo.jpg)http://img227.imagevenue.com/loc94/th_51851_IMG_3963_122_94lo.jpg (http://img227.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=51851_IMG_3963_122_94lo.jpg)

http://img9.imagevenue.com/loc1068/th_51845_IMG_3964_122_1068lo.jpg (http://img9.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=51845_IMG_3964_122_1068lo.jpg)http://img205.imagevenue.com/loc376/th_51839_IMG_3971_122_376lo.jpg (http://img205.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=51839_IMG_3971_122_376lo.jpg)http://img211.imagevenue.com/loc224/th_51841_IMG_3970_122_224lo.jpg (http://img211.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=51841_IMG_3970_122_224lo.jpg)http://img240.imagevenue.com/loc162/th_51858_IMG_3947_122_162lo.jpg (http://img240.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=51858_IMG_3947_122_162lo.jpg)

jaskim
Feb 27, 2009, 10:16 PM
Does anyone know how to contact the Home Owner's Association for Evo?

I wanted to know if the Home Owner's Association has had any issues with the developer since the developer hasn't been able to sell a lot of the building.

4Bviper
Feb 28, 2009, 9:18 AM
Does anyone know how to contact the Home Owner's Association for Evo?

I wanted to know if the Home Owner's Association has had any issues with the developer since the developer hasn't been able to sell a lot of the building.

I don't think the developer turnover has occurred yet. I would imagine that they don't have enough residents to form the HOA.