PDA

View Full Version : LeBreton Flats | 14 fl (Ph.1)|Completed | 13 fl (Ph.2)|Completed

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

cityguy
Sep 30, 2017, 2:41 PM
Shocking how poorly these buildings have deteriorated is just a few years.

BlackRedGold
Sep 30, 2017, 2:49 PM
Shocking how poorly these buildings have deteriorated is just a few years.

Not if they're built by Claridge.

Vixx
Sep 30, 2017, 5:23 PM
I wonder how many complaints residents have filed ever since they moved in, because the quality is obviously garbage.

We seriously should ban Claridge from building anything in or near downtown, this is embarrassing.

acottawa
Sep 30, 2017, 5:51 PM
Is that brick even 6 inches above grade?

kevinbottawa
Sep 30, 2017, 5:56 PM
I always thought those buildings looked like public housing and they really do with all that damage.

Marshsparrow
Sep 30, 2017, 6:11 PM
There go the condo fees - owners are going to be hosed!

YOWflier
Sep 30, 2017, 6:51 PM
I'm not a Claridge apologist by any means but I'll have a go at being the devil's advocate here.

Aside from the rusting material covering the parging I don't see a whole lot wrong here... or at least things attributable to the builder with absolute certainty.

Busted bricks at that height have likely been caused by residents/movers/ visitors/etc. Ditto for the parging covers that are bent/separating/busted up.

Cracked concrete is hardly unusual and can be expected as a building settles. It can be filled/patched although I don't think it's absolutely required.

The dripped mortar is sloppy workmanship without a doubt, but nothing that can't be removed pretty easily. Besides that there is no functional consequence.

I'd blame the condo corp for lack of warranty repair claims and maintenance here more than anything else.

Just throwing it out there. I don't own shares in Claridge.

acottawa
Sep 30, 2017, 8:58 PM
I agree that some of this is the condo board's fault, but there were clearly some bad design choices and bad choices of material by the builder, including rustable covers in a place that will be exposed to significant salt and water.

1overcosc
Sep 30, 2017, 9:20 PM
Until the province updated the laws last year, the regulatory requirements on condo boards were frighteningly lax and many didn't maintain proper care of their assets.

Catenary
Oct 1, 2017, 4:14 AM
I'm not a Claridge apologist by any means but I'll have a go at being the devil's advocate here.

Aside from the rusting material covering the parging I don't see a whole lot wrong here... or at least things attributable to the builder with absolute certainty.

Busted bricks at that height have likely been caused by residents/movers/ visitors/etc. Ditto for the parging covers that are bent/separating/busted up.

Cracked concrete is hardly unusual and can be expected as a building settles. It can be filled/patched although I don't think it's absolutely required.

The dripped mortar is sloppy workmanship without a doubt, but nothing that can't be removed pretty easily. Besides that there is no functional consequence.

I'd blame the condo corp for lack of warranty repair claims and maintenance here more than anything else.

Just throwing it out there. I don't own shares in Claridge.

I have to agree. You'll find this type of issue on almost any building. Even aluminum flashing around the walls and extrances will corrode with the amount of salt we use.

Harley613
Oct 2, 2017, 2:59 AM
The overall workmanship and materials are substandard in every way. Poorly grouted tile walls, poorly laid brick, cheap ceiling materials, rusting and corroding trim, et al. You can't blame the condo board for this one, the building is only a few years old. It's piss poor construction done on the cheap and Claridge as a company should be embarrassed and ashamed. Find me another building this age or even ten years...hell even twenty years older, that is built by another builder and is in this kind of shape, regardless of how much maintenance has been done.

Harley613
Apr 30, 2021, 2:23 PM
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51148169989_e3c15a2555_k.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2kVMJXP)Photo_6553789_DJI_189_jpg_4444481_0_2021429154538_photo_original (https://flic.kr/p/2kVMJXP) by harley613 (https://www.flickr.com/photos/92071236@N08/), on Flickr