Description Architects: • Kohn Pedersen Fox Associates - kpf.com • HKS Inc.
• Constructors: Brockette Davis Drake Inc., CB Richard Ellis, CECO Concrete Construction LLC, Chicago Guarantee Survey Co., CIBC World Markets Corporation, Cline Bettridge Berstein Lighting Design, HLP Systems Inc., Insignia/ESG Inc., J.A. Jones Inc., KONE Inc.
• Incorporations: STS, The Prairie Group, TIAA Realty Inc., Lincoln Property Company Commercial Inc.
• Building design are 5 cylinders, one main surrounded by others four. Atop 1852 tubes make it brilliant at night.
• The 311 South Wacker Drive is the tallest Building in the world known only by its street address.
• The building includes a winter garden, added in 2002 which has fountains and Palm Trees, Raymond Kaskey's bronze sculpture "Gem of the Lakes", a large Neptunian figure drying himself over a seashell fountain, lower level of it was designed to connect via underground passageway to Union Station.
• Was the tallest reinforced concrete building in the world from 1990 - 1992, surpassed by the Central Plaza in Hong Kong.
• Two other similar towers were planned for lots on either side, which one remained for future development and the other northwest is a temporary park.
Do you see any incorrect data on this page? Please let our editors know of any corrections you can make by posting them in the Database Corrections section of the discussion forum (open to the public).